Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I seen a car for sale locally on craigslist and the seller was bragging it had an MM motor in it. I sent him an email telling him that is probably why the car has not sold.

Its not how fast you go...its how you go fast
Old 04-26-2012, 11:42 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #481 (permalink)
Diss Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Group77Racing View Post
Quote:
Jerry decided to challenge a copyright infringement, however,he cannot challenge what I paid for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWebb View Post
tell us more about the copyright issue...
Yeah, would like to know more.

Was the video theirs or did they do a DCMA takedown as a ruse to remove your video? Fraudulently issuing a takedown request is illegal. If the video is entirely your creation then slap back.
You can even legally use portions of a copyrighted work claiming "fair use" if it is what is termed transformative in nature. To go down this road requires $$$ though...

--
Wayne - 87 Carrera coupe -> The pooch.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:30 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #482 (permalink)

bump....
Old 04-27-2012, 12:09 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #483 (permalink)

Got any more videos? I wanted to see it.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #484 (permalink)

Keep filling out this form and sending it in. It is working, so far they have 7 new formal complaints. Spread the word...

https://app.dca.ca.gov/bar/complaints.asp

dealer number 197177

Last edited by Group77Racing; 04-30-2012 at 11:48 AM..
Old 04-30-2012, 11:27 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #485 (permalink)

Well, the AG is a joke. He did not even scratch the surface of any "investigation". He payed Jerry a visit, they peered through the shrink wrapped engine and decided it was enough to satisfy the AG. WHAT!! One of my specific requests was to get ahold of the assembly build sheet with measurements and tolerances. Jerry told the AG "the engine is within specs but we don't write anything down" WHAT!! What the F@&k !! Jerry does not reciepts for any new parts he buys either.

So, after 2 years, 10 grand and the AG, I'm right back where I started. Nothing.

The AG suggested a file a lawsuit in Cali. Well, i'm not in Cali.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:08 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #486 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Chain fence eating turbo

Wow! Insane. Sorry to hear.
Cory - '87 C3.2 (3.4) Guards/Blk - now: 1.4 bar Holset HX40 8-blade 58mm/"P" trim 0.84 T4 divided - 12.02 @ 129 MPH on street tires /// - past: 1.0 bar Turbonetics 60-1 HiFi 60mm/"P" trim 0.81 A/R T4 open, 431whp - MegaSquirt II/EDIS ignition
Old 05-09-2012, 11:40 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #487 (permalink)

Sorry to hear.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:02 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #488 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Well, the AG is a joke. He did not even scratch the surface of any "investigation". He payed Jerry a visit, they peered through the shrink wrapped engine and decided it was enough to satisfy the AG. WHAT!! One of my specific requests was to get ahold of the assembly build sheet with measurements and tolerances. Jerry told the AG "the engine is within specs but we don't write anything down" WHAT!! What the F@&k !! Jerry does not reciepts for any new parts he buys either.

So, after 2 years, 10 grand and the AG, I'm right back where I started. Nothing.

write the agency and complain
Old 05-09-2012, 12:24 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #489 (permalink)

I am really surprised that the Bureau of Automotive Repair is not involved with this. Their inspectors are pretty sharp and do their best for consumers. Try them again if you have not already
1970 911S Conda
1973 911S Glacier Blue
Old 05-09-2012, 12:27 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #490 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRE Cup View Post
I am really surprised that the Bureau of Automotive Repair is not involved with this. Their inspectors are pretty sharp and do their best for consumers. Try them again if you have not already
Thats what I did, its a joke. nobody cares, they just collect paychecks
Old 05-09-2012, 02:26 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #491 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to mercury26 Send a message via MSN to mercury26 Send a message via Yahoo to mercury26
Quote:
Thats what I did, its a joke. nobody cares, they just collect paychecks

Hmmm yes, government bureaucracy. Worth every hard earned tax dollar! Seriously, sorry to hear about your problems. Hope it gets resolved in your favor.

Regards,

Chuck
Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #492 (permalink)

ALERT ! ! ! According to the California BAR Attorney Generals office, Motor Meister does not record measurements and toloerances for any engine, nor do they have reciepts for the parts they purchase to put into the engine. This smells like fraud, BEWARE OF MOTORMEISTER ! ! ! ! !
Old 05-14-2012, 03:58 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #493 (permalink)

Quote:
I had to do this accross (several) state lines. You're in it a fair bit already. If you've been wronged, civil suit seems to be your only avenue for restitution. Find an atty. that has some automotive interest and plant your flag in MM's ass. At the very least you should get to ask solid questions at a deposition and watch them squirm...which should give them a pre-view of the feeling they will have in front of a judge and jury.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:38 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #494 (permalink)

Quote:
ALERT ! ! ! According to the California BAR Attorney Generals office, Motor Meister does not record measurements and toloerances for any engine, nor do they have reciepts for the parts they purchase to put into the engine. This smells like fraud, BEWARE OF MOTORMEISTER ! ! ! ! !
So what does this mean to the consumer?
Old 05-14-2012, 06:30 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #495 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcoastline View Post
:

So what does this mean to the consumer?
Nothing is my guess. I'm pretty sure there is no requirement for engine builders to maintain specs on engines they build. Same for parts as long as they are selling the engine as an assembly. Its not fraud. if you contract them to rebuild a motor, then I think they need to supply you a parts list and return all your old parts (if requested).

Old 05-14-2012, 11:22 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #496 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to lupin..the..3rd
What's the story with that video? What was MM's copyright claim? Was it valid? Is the video available to be seen anywhere else?
Old 05-14-2012, 12:13 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #497 (permalink)
Banned

they need to supply you a parts list and return all your old parts (if requested)

and it seems that is where the fraud is - people -- many people - say they steal good parts and substitute bad ones; and that their "rebuild" does not meet minimum standards of workmanship under California or other laws

I'd like to see a law suit on the copyright claim - that would be fun; and so would a SLAPP suit (see the wiki on that)

BTW - you may very well be able to maintain a law suit in your home state -- your atty will have to check out what is known as your state's "long-arm statute" to do so

but often, advertising that reaches you - magazines, internet, etc. is enough
Old 05-14-2012, 12:59 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #498 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWebb View Post
"minimum standards of workmanship under California or other laws"
I looked this up and it seems to basically be for the building construction industry.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:35 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #499 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to lupin..the..3rd
I would be surprised (and disappointed) if the government had created a law specifying requirements of workmanship for automotive engine rebuilds. Gov't has no business telling engine re-builders how to build their engines.

That said, when you take your engine to a re-builder, I assume they give you some kind of a contract that you sign for the work? Some papers that specify exactly what they will perform? Are MM's papers intentionally vague? Or do they include measurements and specifics? If they include specifics, and the finished product does not meet the specifics in the contract, that is certainly a good basis for some legal action...
Old 05-15-2012, 08:31 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #500 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: