Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Autodidactic user

Porsche Service School Manuals

Does anyone know how many Service School Manuals Porsche published over the years and what areas they covered?

I have four that look like the one below. They are:
1. Targa Roof Repairs
2. Repair Jobs on Aluminium Body Parts
3. Welding Galvanized Sheet Metal
4. Economical Body Repairs

and two that look like this one. They are:
1. Manual Transmissions for Six Cylinder Model Series
2. Sealing of 911

How many others are there? Is there one for the Mechanical Fuel Injection System? Other than Check, Measure, Adjust? Where can they be purchased other than swap meets and Ebay?

1973 911E Targa (MFI)
Old 03-08-2006, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Here are two more:

Tim
Old 03-08-2006, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Autodidactic user

Re: Porsche Service School Manuals

Quote:
Originally posted by David E. Clark
How many others are there? Is there one for the Mechanical Fuel Injection System? Other than Check, Measure, Adjust? Where can they be purchased other than swap meets and Ebay?
Anyone?

1973 911E Targa (MFI)
Old 03-10-2006, 02:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Irrationally exuberant

Garage
I think those "Service Information Technik" manuals came out every year. They seem to cover all the new stuff.
I got mine from a Porsche garage that was selling off their parts/tool/manuals. I've snagged some neat ones like the '92 911 Carrera RS manual (the Euro only RS) and the 911 Carrera DME Test Plan.
-Chris
Old 03-10-2006, 05:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Tim Polzin,
Would you happen to have those in electronic .pdf file format?
I would certainly appreciate a copy, if you do.
Thanks,
Paul
85 911 Factory Turbo-Look Targa (Gone)
Old 03-10-2006, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
and the 911 Carrera DME Test Plan.
Yeah Chris! How about a little .PDF action?

Pretty please?

ianc

"I will tell you there is a big difference between driving money and driving blood, sweat and tears." - PorscheGuy79
Old 03-10-2006, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Irrationally exuberant

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by ianc
Yeah Chris! How about a little .PDF action?

Pretty please?

ianc
Sorry, I just have no time.
Anyone want to borrow it and make a document?
-Chris
Old 03-10-2006, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Iím working on a list. I currently have more than 200 part numbers (nnnn.nn), (WKD.nnn.nnn) and (PNA.nnn.nnn.nn) plus some variants and many Training Manuals and others with no systematic numbers. I think there are another 300+ numbers to go.

There is one for each model and model year since í70 (and a little earlier). Even the PAG/PCNA lists donít reflect them all.

As I get closer, Iíll post the list. If anyone has un-used or extra copies, Iíll buy them. I gave away most of mine 20 years ago (big mistake) as I had all through í86.

Best,
Grady
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
Old 03-10-2006, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Yea- I will

Carl Muckley
Old 03-10-2006, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Since this stuff is NLA from Porsche it sure would be nice to be able to access information when you need it, I know I had a terrible time getting the 993 third brake light info.

I have paper versions of the MFI check, measure adjust manual, the 993 shop manuals, the 993GT2 motor-sports manuals, the 993RS manuals and the 993 intro manuals, as well as striped down versions of others such as the 964/993 third brake light manual.

and e-versions of most others

copy-right issues are a big concern, I just wish that Porsche would wake up and address this issue at a reasonable cost
Old 03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Autodidactic user

Just saw this: Lot of Porsche Factory Manuals & Bulletins + More on Ebay. Seller enumerates 36 "Service Information Technik" manuals that he is selling. Nothing for early 911's which is what I am interested in. Looks to me like he is asking top dollar but he does have a decent collection.

1973 911E Targa (MFI)
Old 03-10-2006, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by David E. Clark View Post
Does anyone know how many Service School Manuals Porsche published over the years and what areas they covered?

I have four that look like the one below. They are:
1. Targa Roof Repairs
2. Repair Jobs on Aluminium Body Parts
3. Welding Galvanized Sheet Metal
4. Economical Body Repairs

and two that look like this one. They are:
1. Manual Transmissions for Six Cylinder Model Series
2. Sealing of 911

Hi David, Did you or anyone ever manage to create PDF versions of any of these manuals? Specifically, Sealing of 911? If not can someone point me in the right direction to obtain these? Thank you.
Mark
Old 10-25-2020, 01:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Grumpy old hasbeen

Garage
Same here - learning how to seal my 74 Targa would be of great interest for me.
I could - and would - create pdf docs, but being in Perth, Western Australia may be an issue.

Hans

'74 911 Targa
Old 10-25-2020, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Autodidactic user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs26 View Post
Hi David, Did you or anyone ever manage to create PDF versions of any of these manuals? Specifically, Sealing of 911? If not can someone point me in the right direction to obtain these? Thank you.
Mark
Hi Mark. I made a pdf copy of "Sealing of 911" which I'm happy to send to you but I can't post pdfs on the forum (at least I don't see a way).

If you send me a private email (Pelican Parts Forums - View Profile: David E. Clark), I'll send it right out.

Stay safe!

1973 911E Targa (MFI)
Old 10-25-2020, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Location: Manhattan Beach, California. Factory Delivery-Original owner-Retired engineer
Pdf

I also have both the sealing 911 Targa manual, and, the Targa roof repair bulletin.

I can email to anyone who needs them.

Best,

Gerry
In the window of a bar in Hermosa Beach, California.
"Happy Hour prices during all car chases."
Old 10-26-2020, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Registered

Hi
I need it For my targa 2.2.
but i can not sand private mail
Reg
Old 10-28-2020, 12:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Vintage Owner

Garage
It would be great for Porsche to make these available through their Classic program. The information would be great to help keep their vintage models around to protect their legacy.
75 GMC Motorhome
Old 10-28-2020, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Bannd

Garage
they should, but haven't

that web site in New Zealand may have some of these online - I guess copyright in NZ is different than here

then there is this on copyright abandonment:

https://scholarlycommons.law.case.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3059&context=faculty_publications

Old 10-28-2020, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: