Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Bill, Sorry to hear of your momentary (I hope) seizure that caused you to cut a bunch of wires. Been there/done that...but it was only stereo wiring (did I mention that under dash wiring issue I have
Ya, it was momentary. Thats what I get for not researching it. But since that situation, I dont do a thing unless I have ALL the info.

MID9 #4

if i cant play with it ,,i dont want to own it
Old 06-13-2006, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Slo-Bob,

Thanks for all your input on this. I hear what you say as you describe it in your last post hear. I've tried wiring in reverse and things change but nothing works right still. I'm completely baffled by this situation. Prior to having the housings break and putting in the new ones everything worked. That's what's stumping me. it's only 5 connections in each housing and they can only go so many ways. ARe the front turn signal bulbs double filiment bulbs? The reason I ask is when I looked on line today with our host the bulbs they list are only single filiment by the pic and price.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Dan, the correct bulb is a 2057 that you can get at any Kragen Auto.

I was thinking about this, and it sounds like you might have the bulb installed backwards, meaning that the wrong connection is touching the parking light lead. This can happen when you have a worn out bulb or the wrong type of bulb. But you said you installed new lights, right? They should come with new bulbs.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
The bulbs won't install the wrong way. The little tabs that engage the slots are mounted higher and lower from side to side.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

nevermind, a worn out one is what I mentioned...nevermind
Old 06-14-2006, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

911S front light wiring

I recently figured out the front light wiring scheme and decided to share.

It has 3 wires:

GROUND (Brown) hooks to center post, somewhat hidden but located right between the two obvious posts under the light bulb. It also has a pig tail wire that hooks onto the post with the brown wire that runs to the side light.

LIGHTS (Red and Grey) hooks to one of the obvious posts under the light bulb and the pig tail hooks to the other post that runs to the side light.

BLINKER (Black and White) Hooks to the other obvious post under the light bulb.

The light bulbs that face directly to the rear have 2 filaments, one for the running lights and the other for the blinker. If your side lights are working as a blinker, you have it wired wrong.

With the parking lights on, both the main light and side light should be on. If the main light is very bright or the blinker indicators are not working correctly you have the LIGHTS/BLINKER wires reversed. On the drive side, the BLINKER wire is on the bottom and on the passenger side, it is on the top.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Dude,

This post is 5 years old. I hope everyone figured out their problems by now! Anyway thanks for the info someone else may be able to use it.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to DRACO A5OG
LOL, an oldie but a goodie

Factory Marble Grey/Black * Turbo Tail * 930 Steering Wheel* Sport Seats * 17" Fuchs (r) * 3.4 * 964 Cams * 915 * LSD * Factory SS * Turbo Tie Rods * Bilsteins * Euro Pre-Muff * SW Chip on 4K DME * NGK * Sienes GSK * Targa Body Brace
PCA/POC
Old 07-26-2011, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: