Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Finally... a positive story about MM. Glad you got your car back unscathed
Old 01-28-2010, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)
muck-raker

due diligence paid off on this one. I would take this as a sign of good Karma. Your car will thank you in the end.

Welcome to the site, now let's see some pictures!!!

Deny Everything; Admit Nothing; and Always Make Counter-accusations
Old 01-28-2010, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to flog
motor meiter nightmare

Boy, was I fooled. I found Motor Meister on the internet after looking at several sites and was impressed with their website. I spoke with Roy and decided to send my engine for a complete overhaul. The total including shipping was $10,700 and I can only hope I got what I paid for. I was promised a turnaround time of 14-20 weeks so I sent the engine to California in July of 2008. I finally received the engine in February of 2010. On December of 2008 I sent a brand new set of Danske stainless steel heat exchangers and a dual exhaust muffler to be put on the engine before it was shipped to me. I received the muffler back, but as of 4/7-10 I'm yet to get my heat exchangers. The set today would cost around $1,400. to replace. Motor Meister/Roy offered to send a set back, but was nowhere near the set I sent. I've even offered to pay the difference between the set he was going to send so I could have a set of stainless steel heat exchangers as planned.
If you have ever had any complaints with Motor Meister or know someone who has, you should post a complaint with the Better Business Bureau at bbb.org. If you have anything good to say you should also do the same thing and let Motor Meister' business seek it's own level.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)
Happiest when Tinkering

BBB is a waste of time.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
flog - you need an attorney - hope you have one who is a close relative

otherwise, send a complaint to the California Consumer Protection people

Home - California Department of Consumer Affairs
Old 04-07-2010, 04:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Stahlwerks.com

Send a message via Yahoo to jhelgesen
In the past few weeks, I have seen a tranny that was supposed to have a 7:31 r&p that instead just had 2 of the magnets removed from the dif ring, then a carrera that will need a new crank due to the pin on the pulley being sheared off and re-drilled in the wrong location, 3 times.....that's quality I tell you.....

"Honest men know that revenge does not taste sweet"

Last edited by jhelgesen; 04-07-2010 at 04:34 PM..
Old 04-07-2010, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Bbb.org

I totally agree with your opinion of the Better Business Bureau. If you're expecting this organization to offer legal assistant or follow up with rebutts your in for a surprise. People do look for advise concerning the reputation of businesses from other consumers. With that, I still advise people to post comments with the BBB. ORG for business ratings and forewarnings.
Flog
Old 04-07-2010, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Consumer protection

Thanks for the tip with the CA Consumer protection. I have filed mail fraud charges with the Postal Service
and I'll now follow up with your advisement.
Thanks again, Flog
Old 04-07-2010, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Consumer protection

Thanks for the tip with the CA Consumer protection. I have filed mail fraud charges with the Postal Service

and I'll now follow up with your advisement.
Thanks again, Flog
Old 04-07-2010, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

Im not sure what to think. How reliable is the Motor Meister 962?
Old 04-07-2010, 04:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)
Conservative Libertarian

One unhappy customer of another company figured out a way to put the word out to potential buyers. I'm not commenting on the shop being pounded but it might be a way to warn people about MM.
Just a thought.

928MOTORSPORTS Built 6 57L Stroker Engine Porsche 928 | eBay

AGW Climate Change?
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. H. L. Mencken
Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)
Conservative Libertarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypeoni View Post
Im not sure what to think. How reliable is the Motor Meister 962?
If it's like everything else they build, it's a POS!!

AGW Climate Change?
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. H. L. Mencken
Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Better business Bureau is paid by their member companies, not by consumers.

If you have money you can pay for a rating, unless they decide to no longer allow your listing (and cut their revenue stream from you).
My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html
Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: