Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Gonzo

911 Fuel Injector Cleaner?

I have a 76 2.7 911S. Which is a good fuel injector cleaner to use STP, Gumout, etc...
Thanks in advance.
Old 12-14-1999, 04:32 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Dperlas

I run the castrol or chevron techron cleaners with chevron super unleaded about every 6 months. this seems to work well in all my cars.

dave
1981 911SC
1984 Alfa Spider
Old 12-14-1999, 07:47 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
stlrj

From my experience, injector cleaners are not very effective on CIS since these injectors are not prone to clogging. However, these cleaners are most effective on pintel type electronic injectors which they were designed for.

Joe
Old 12-17-1999, 08:17 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
john rogers

I put a medicine cup full of Marvel Mystery Oil in our 1987 Turbo every couple of months to help keep the goop that the great CA gas forms away. Several carb shops have told me that Shell has more cleaner than Chevron if you need it.
Old 12-17-1999, 10:15 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Hence

I have used Techron before, mainly because it was recommended by BMW. With that recommendation, I figured it must work and be safe.

I think most modern gas has a sufficient amount of cleaners to keep things pretty clean. I think before the mid to late 80's this was not necessarily the case, which is why cars back then had many more problems with clogged injectors.

I actually like to switch between Shell, Chevron and Texaco, since they each probably contain different types of cleaners that might remove different kinds of deposits..

Brian
Old 12-17-1999, 11:19 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
jryerson

I have recently used Techron and noticed a bit of improvement in performance and actually surprised myself going from a stop up a hill on a freeway on ramp as i was peeling rubber in second gear to 3rd which never has happened before.
The Techron also helps with carbon deposits on valves etc. and they claim will not damage the metals in the motor

[This message has been edited by jryerson (edited 12-17-1999).]
Old 12-17-1999, 09:34 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Early_S_Man

The Bosch CIS manual has a procedure for 'reverse-flushing' CIS injectors (an out of the car procedure, obviously) using B-12 ChemTool, which is also recommended as a fuel-treatment additive!
Old 12-28-1999, 08:56 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: