Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

everyone should do a user ID search BEFORE considering bidding on an item
and do a toolhaus.org query, you can get feedback received as well as feedback left by the user going way back when ID started(often it is very revealing of the seller's attitude and response as much as feedback left for.)

would you have bought those parts if you saw this FIRST??????:
Negative/Neutral Feedback received by air-cooled-engines
Old 05-10-2010, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

too bad toolhaus cannot pull the feedback on his past Ebay user ID's because the accounts are inactive.
I have seen these feedbacks thru the years for the users "fastclassics and air-cooled-porsche" while they were active
and they were the same ...full pages of negative and horror stories
he has amassed quite a large amount of enemies evidenced by the feedback.

we got to keep him in the spotlight
as you can see he has of late screwed more people from EU. tsk tsk tsk
Old 05-10-2010, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Any news regarding Krieger?
He promptly reply to my e-mail but I'm still waiting for the set of pistons & cylinders I've already paid for six month ago.
Nobody knows where to find the man?
Any news regarding legal actions?
Old 06-14-2010, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stivmequin View Post
Any news regarding Krieger?
He promptly reply to my e-mail but I'm still waiting for the set of pistons & cylinders I've already paid for six month ago.
Nobody knows where to find the man?
Any news regarding legal actions?
Dream on about your cylinders... You should have filed a compliant with eBay and PayPal (if you used them) within 30 days. After 30 days he is of the hook.... F**k eBay, F**k PayPal !!

He owes me $1500 if anyone could beat it out of him he could keep the money for the trouble...
Old 06-14-2010, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Garage
lost $

well, it's a drag when a person gets scammed. I was scammed by this scumbag and I learned a valuable lesson.

I would also venture to guess that even if you finally do receive the P's & C's, they would be the wrong size, defective, counterfit or "damaged in shipping".
Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

I bought a car from Rich in April 2007. For the most part, it was pretty decent. He called and said my car was ready so I borrowed a trailer and drove from Ontario Calif to his shop located on the grounds on Infinion race track (Sonoma) I rented a motel room then drove to this shop to find out that the car wasn't ready. This required me to drive 450 miles back home then return in 2 weeks. So, after driving up for 450 miles then home for 450 miles then back up for another 450 miles I discovered that the FI still wasn't working correctly. I took the car just to get away from him and, by the time I got home I had 1,800 miles of travel up and back twice and I just didn't want to do it again. His answer to the faulty FI was "just drive it" it will get better. Also, the sunroof wouldn't pop up in the back and lay flat with the roof. His excuse was that the seal needed to compress. It still doesn't work correctly and I've changed just about every part. I bought several parts from members on this board to make the FI work properly but it never would. Rich promised to send me money to compensate me for my expenses. (I'm still waiting) Also, the tach didn't work and he promised me a working unit. He did send the tach (from Parts Heaven) and that tach didn't work so Parts Heaven replaced it with a working 7,400 RPM 911 S tach. Rich wanted the defective tach indicating that he had a core charge to settle up with Parts Heaven. I told him, send me my money that you promised and I'll send you the tach. (The non-working tach is still in a mailing box in my garage) His reply was send me the tach and I'll send you your money. Sure.

All in all now that "most" everything is sorted out, the car is decent (I decided to replace the 2.4 with a real good 3.2 which ultimately solved the CIS FI problems with the 2.4. (also, I'm much happier with the 3.2) So, what do I think of the guy???

I think the guy is a crook, more that likely a thief and, he's a pathological lier.

Don't believe anything he says and better yet, don't do business with him

Unfortunately for me, I didn't know of Pelican until it was too late......

I"m not sure how current this information is but here goes

Richard Kriegen
53 Monterey Ave
San Anselmo, CA

Born 2 B Fast Classic Cars
29659 Arnold Dr.
Sonoma, CA 95476
(415) 793-5527
1971 911T **Sold**, 1968 912 **Sold**

Last edited by ljowdy; 06-14-2010 at 08:53 AM..
Old 06-14-2010, 08:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Hi everyone, sorry for bumping a very dead thread, but I thought I'd check in here to see if the reputation of "Rich Krieger" has changed at all.

I'll start off with the craiglist post I found yesterday:
1977 porsche 911S rolling chassis only

and the reply I got from him this morning:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
this is a car I bought from the original owners estate in santa cruz ca. I had the car re-sprayed because the ols paint was badly faded , no bodywork was done . clear title . thxxx rich 415 895 5272
I've been wanting to pickup a '70s 911 for a while now, and while I was excited to see a what looks like a decent body for less than an arm and a leg, I am rather cautious after a bad experience with sellers on craigslist. A little bit of google-fu later, and I ran across this board, with a whole thread dedicated to this guy. Nice.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that has commented on your experience with him, as I'll now keep on searching for a decent 911.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, he scammed me, big time, and I have the paperwork to prove it. Run away from this Muther F****R.

In my case, the engine he "built", didn't make oil pressure, his response?? "early 911's don't make good oil pressure", "just drive it". Funny, I started over and guess what? My early engine now makes great oil pressure. What a DICK!

Steve

73 911 T MFI Coupe, Aubergine
Old 02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Richard Kriger uses the email address acengines@gmail.com

andy
Old 07-12-2012, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Garage
Ha! this Krieger a**Hole and his acengines. Run away from anything this dude is connected to.
I have all his paperwork on the POS - no oil pressure engine he built for me, years of stupid excuses and the end product = a pile of Dog Sh**. Let me say it again, pile of Sh**! Run!

Steve

(do you really wanna know how I really feel? )
Old 07-12-2012, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

The crook sold me a clutch plate through Ebay that was falsely labeled 'SACHS'. I think I requested a refund but it never panned out.

The reverse lookup of the phone number he posted in his email to 'hybridchemistry' leads to 'Richard Kriger, Novato CA' but no street address. Besides multiple email accounts, he seems to change the spelling of his last name, sometimes with an extra 'e'.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
luftgekuhlt, I kno where this scumbag lives, I ( stupidly ) dropped of my engine at his house.

Steve

Old 11-25-2012, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)
Curious Office

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to rocketvox
Thank you ALL SO MUCH! I was just about to wire $15,000k deposit to this guy for the Viper Green RS clone currently on eBay. I can't thank you all enough. Took my business elsewhere. I wished I could repay you guys. You saved me a lot of time and money I think. Cheers - Kelly Smith, Seattle WA
Old 01-12-2013, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Negative/Neutral Feedback received by porsche-aircooled-engines
Old 01-12-2013, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketvox View Post
Thank you ALL SO MUCH! I was just about to wire $15,000k deposit to this guy for the Viper Green RS clone currently on eBay. I can't thank you all enough. Took my business elsewhere. I wished I could repay you guys. You saved me a lot of time and money I think. Cheers - Kelly Smith, Seattle WA

rocketvox 1 Krieger 0
another one saved ( a good guy )
hope to see more of this
gotta love this community
Old 01-12-2013, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Garage
rocketvox...........ah, too bad. You're missing out on a bondo packed, beat up O'l 912 with a crappy burnt out O'l 2.7 L with a 5 blade fan "RS Clone".

Steve

Old 01-12-2013, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

His new Ebay name is "porsche-aircooled-engines"
Old 10-12-2017, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)
Of the Moby Gang

Phone number within "porsche-aircooled-engines" eBay listings:
415-895-5827
Old 10-12-2017, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: