Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

anybody know Rich Kriegen or "Sears Point Classics" in SFO area??

i purchased a set of 911 headers from Rich Kriegen in SFO area, and no word back from him for past week.
does anyone on this list know him, or his business called Sears Point Classics, or how to get in touch with him?
i am hoping my $$$ is in good hands!?!?!?

thnx..joe
Old 07-21-2006, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to VZ935
Not that this means much but I have been in the Porsche world in the Bay Area for 30 years adn I have never heard from him. PM or post the guys contact info... address etc and I will see if I can run him down for you ...literally
Old 07-21-2006, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

"Motor Meister North" looking for wayne krieger
Old 07-21-2006, 07:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

vinny;

Rich Kriegen = Wayne Krieger??
i don't think so.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
That is the same guy.. the number you gave comes up with BORN as the name... and when you go to his web site it is the same number.. this guy sounds like a dandy.. is his shop really in Hunters Point!

Last edited by VZ935; 07-21-2006 at 07:33 AM..
Old 07-21-2006, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

yep, it looks like it is the same guy.
the phone number used for the website is the same as used for e-bay.
looks like i am screwed out of $600. ouch, that hurt.
anybody have any ideas on how to get your $$ back with paypal??
Old 07-21-2006, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
If he has money in his account PayPal will refund it to you .. I would get on that right away. Go to Pay Pal and file a complaint. PayPal moves fast. I think it is a huge plus for you that you used PayPal.
My advice is once you do that if the guy reponds.. no second chance.. get your money. That part he would be junk most likely anyway.

At www.searspointclassics.com the shop in the picture is definitley Sears Point . It is up by the Kart track..that is where my shop is . So is Flying Lizard . I never noticed a bunch of ol 911's or 356's around but I will ask the Guys at Infinity Karting because they are up there all the time.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

hey VZ-

thnx for your help with this. yes, i already filed a complaint with paypal. i actually had someone file a complaint against me on paypal a few years back (he double paid me $14, i offered to refund his money, he never got back to me, then he filed a complaint). what paypal did was they held the penalty, and then the next time someone paid me with paypal, they intercepted the money. so it seems kreiger-scum can't retrieve the $$ out of his account, but he can't use paypal anymore without having the incoming diverted to me (assuming it is resolved in my favor).

aaaaarrrrgh!

if you see him, ask about the stainless steel 911 headers he owes me.

joe
Old 07-21-2006, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Righteous Indignation

I've been wondering when I'd hear a new name.

This is the same crew as Born2Bfast out of SF. Do a search here and on the early 911s registry for B2Bfast, Born2Bfast or Wayne Krieger. Another thing these ***** weeds do is list parts for others and then arrange third party shipping. That way if there is a problem they can say it's out of their hands.

File a dispute with EBay and Paypal right away. It's not worth the hassle of dealing with these creeps.

Oh yeah, Hilda lost
I was wrong again but I will not apologize. I am a madman,
Guy/Beygon
Old 07-21-2006, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

When it come's to high dollar items on PayPal I learned the " hard " way to use my credit card only for the purchase, not the instant transfer from the bank, reason being if the seller removes the money from his account that you have paid him, PayPal has no way to recover your money, at least with the credit card you can inform them of the fradulent transaction and they will write it off for you and you are out nothing.

I learned this to the tune of $3500.00 ouch-o-la

T
Old 07-21-2006, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

well, this has been a long day trying to see what my options are on this transaction.
but in the end i had to let the $$ roll. i promise to let this board know exactly what the outcome is. so far, i am nervous. but if it works out OK, i will give him fair feedback. if not, i can flame like a can of lysol aimed at a match.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

for those following this thread, here is the resolution.

I got the headers from rich kriegen, shipped promptly once i released payment from paypal. i rcv'd them in good shape, and i am happy with them.

there is some kind of murky business link between krieger and kriegen, but in this case i got my money's worth with minimal hassle.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
12 years and 17k posts...

Garage
Sounds like you got lucky and got your stuff. From the threads, this guy (guys) sound like total losers. I wonder if they are affiliated with Motor Meister? Oops, that's a whole 'nuther thread!
www.ford.com
Old 07-25-2006, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Born2BFast /Fast Cars / Krieger

I just finished getting horribly ripped off by Rich Krieger of Born2bFast in San Francisco. His shop is now located at the Infineon raceway near Sonoma. A class "A" crook. I commisioned a car to be rebuilt to my specifications. He was nice and accessible until after he had my deposit. As time wore on it became clear something wasn't right. He wouldn't send me photos he promised showing work in progress and gave excuses for many delays. He made me, the client, feel like I was being a pest because of my regular calls to check on status. After a horrible hassle in getting my car out of there, I had the car inspected. He had completely misrepresented what he had done and had over-charged me twice what the car was worth. The paint was crap, the engine rebuild was crap, the treatment he gave me was crap. All in all, one of the worst experiences I have ever had and I am nowing to rebuild the car again with a reputable mechanic and paint shop.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY, unless it is for something minor where being ripped off might not be too big a deal.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Looks like they are looking for a new butcher.... erm I mean mechanic:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/car/213377724.html
Old 09-28-2006, 07:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jog911 View Post
I just finished getting horribly ripped off by Rich Krieger of Born2bFast in San Francisco. His shop is now located at the Infineon raceway near Sonoma. A class "A" crook. I commisioned a car to be rebuilt to my specifications. He was nice and accessible until after he had my deposit. As time wore on it became clear something wasn't right. He wouldn't send me photos he promised showing work in progress and gave excuses for many delays. He made me, the client, feel like I was being a pest because of my regular calls to check on status. After a horrible hassle in getting my car out of there, I had the car inspected. He had completely misrepresented what he had done and had over-charged me twice what the car was worth. The paint was crap, the engine rebuild was crap, the treatment he gave me was crap. All in all, one of the worst experiences I have ever had and I am nowing to rebuild the car again with a reputable mechanic and paint shop.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY, unless it is for something minor where being ripped off might not be too big a deal.
I too have learned the "hard way" about this guy. Never again, you described my experience exactally!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Yes, avoid this scamprofessionalextroidnar..........he's currently trying to dish a RSclone on SFBay CL for 29k
Old 12-31-2007, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Rich kreigen and wayne krieger are one in the same.
I have info on this crook going back to the early 90's.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
They just booted a guy out of Infineon last month . I am not positive but I think it was the same guy . I will ask next time I am at my shop
Old 05-05-2008, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
If you want to wait forever to receive the promised engine / item(s). Then, finally receive a leaky engine that makes no oil pressure, mfi can't be balanced because one side has a "T" throttle body and the other side a worn out "E" throttle body. Did not do the oil bypass mod as contracted to do & can't remember if it was done or not........he said "I'm not on speaking terms with the machinist anymore". Scratched up all the engine tin, scratched & dented the car, while at his BS Shop.......finally he said, "just drive it - early 911's don't make good oil pressure". Communitation is the worst, ask the dude a direct question and all you get back is stupid BS / dodging. the worst crook ever, he leads the walk of shame.

I finally wised up, pulled the engine, tore it back down to find a missing green oil pump seal. The mis-matched throttle bodies, no oil by pass mod, and the best part, heads that were all shot, valves, seats, springs.....everything.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: