Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche Crest Summer Yellow production and C2 or C2S

Hi Guys,
New to this forum glad to be aboard. I own an 87 Carrera coupe in Summer Yellow and am currently in the process of purchasing a new Carrera. I have two questions:
1. I was told that only 10 Summer Yellow coupes (not including cabs)were sold in the USA, is that possible?
2. I am trying to decide between a Carrera and a Carrera S, I test drove both anddid not feel that much difference between the two. Of course a test drive is not real world driving. Is it worth the difference in price (about $150 on a lease) to step up to the S?
Thanks for any input.

Last edited by Charlie Krop; 01-10-2007 at 08:32 PM..
Old 01-10-2007, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
My 87 aftermarket slant nose turbo look carrera cabriolet is summer yellow.

keith epperly
Old 01-10-2007, 08:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Help..Any advice on the C2 vs.C2S dilemma??
Old 01-10-2007, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to johncarlos2003
If you are going to/are able to utilize the capabilities of the S model then go with it. If not, don't waste the money. Here in Los Angeles I am soooo tired of seeing guys with turbos, gt3's, etc etc who never take it over 60, can't drive at all, don't track or take worthy road trips, etc. Total posers. I guess if you're loaded, great. But, even if you are, if you are just gonna cruise and basic backroad runs with a burst here and there (which is all fine and good) then I say why spend the extra dough . . .

For many of us (me included) the new 997 Carreras offers more than plenty of action . . .
Post pics when you get something!!!

O, it is tradition to post pics of your car- so, pics of your yellow 87?

Welcome aboard!

Last edited by johncarlos2003; 01-10-2007 at 11:17 PM..
Old 01-10-2007, 11:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the advice. I have to be honest with myself, although I have driven my cars on the track, the truth is this will be my everyday driver and will probably not see track use very often. I drove both cars today and found that their performance is pretty close. I enjoyed both but was just as thrilled with the C2. I am coming out of a M-B SLK 55 which has unreal power but lacks the 6 speed and the much superior ride and handling of the Porsche.I will get pics of my 87 and new Carrera posted. Thanks again.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Update
I took delivery of my 2007 Carrera S on Thursday. I went for the S because there turned out to be only a $70 a month difference. The car is Atlas Gray with a black gut. It is the most awesome car I have ever owned (including my 83 Ferrari 512BBi) It is comfortable, smooth as butter and quick. I now make excuses to go for a drive. I will post pics of the 07 and the 87. Thanks for all your input. I am still hoping for some more info on production numbers of my 87 Summer Yellow coupe. I still love the 87 for it's fun to drive factor and pure "Porscheness".Update

Last edited by Charlie Krop; 01-15-2007 at 12:50 AM..
Old 01-15-2007, 12:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

87 Summer Yellow Coupe

I have owned two 87 Summer Yellow Coupes... I was told by Porsche folks that there were only five 1987 Summer Yellow Coupes with a factory tail that came to the U.S.... Having owned two, I can tell you, they are rare. Nice to hear of someone else with one.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: