Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 3.86 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 911s View Post
Thanks - much appreciated. Definitely used several members posts as technical reference such as pdawger and jamorski. As for keeping the brushed aluminum, I was originally just going to paint it GP white to match, with the brushed aluminum look as a fun temp solution, but I like it more and more every time I see it. It's really grown on me and makes my car a bit more unique.

Same here. Every time I see it, I like it more and more. It helps that you have sweet tail pipes. I'd like to think I'm not going to steal that idea, but I might just do it.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #301 (permalink)
Undocumented User

Garage
The "pdawger" look is catching on. Only took me three years to finish it but still...

Old 06-11-2017, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #302 (permalink)

Garage
Pics of my 911 SC last week during a roadtrip in France
CTR bumpers, 2in2out SSI exhaust, ducktail

Old 06-12-2017, 03:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #303 (permalink)

Garage
Can anyone tell me the size/spec of the bolts holding on the bumper?

I've taken off my bumper trim pieces because one had rusted out internally, which cause it to inflate and not sit on the surface properly. While I decide on new trim vs the fully shaved look I'd like to run the car with exposed bolts. I'm hoping to find some bolts and washers in a black finish to help them blend into the black paint a little better.

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-05-2017, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #304 (permalink)

Carrera Bumper re-do

A winter bumper re-do project for the 86 Carrera

Procedure for a Lightweight version of the stock bumper:
- remove dot bumperettes
-replace impact bumper mounting tubes w lightweight fixed position steel tubes.
-Mill vertical slots on either side of Lic. Plate (hopefully this will remove a bit of heat from the 3.6 L engine and M&K exhaust.)
-fill all holes except lic plate mounting holes ,bellows mounting holes and the two outer mounting bumper bolt holes.
-source 1/2 "(12MM) Aluminum bolts and aluminum weld them in to bumper mounting holes (only using the 2 outer mounting holes), hope I don't regret that.
-Finish/paint and mount.

Now ,All I have have to do is mount it ,attach the r/l side bellows,source a licence plate bracket ,wire in the led lic plate bolts ,and were done.

Viola'...........

Old 02-09-2018, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #305 (permalink)

i always liked the ruf yellowbird bumpers and found a used pair in pittsburg area about 1992 for my 930. i also like a larger cooler opening on the longhoods. in this case for a radiator not an oil cooler!

Old 02-09-2018, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #306 (permalink)

Old 02-09-2018, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #307 (permalink)

Finished product , except for led lic. plate lighted bolts.I dont drive it at night, but lic plate lights are a dot requirement.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #308 (permalink)

Looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #309 (permalink)

Garage
beterAir bumper mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterair View Post
A winter bumper re-do project for the 86 Carrera

Procedure for a Lightweight version of the stock bumper:
- remove dot bumperettes
-replace impact bumper mounting tubes w lightweight fixed position steel tubes.
-Mill vertical slots on either side of Lic. Plate (hopefully this will remove a bit of heat from the 3.6 L engine and M&K exhaust.)
-fill all holes except lic plate mounting holes ,bellows mounting holes and the two outer mounting bumper bolt holes.
-source 1/2 "(12MM) Aluminum bolts and aluminum weld them in to bumper mounting holes (only using the 2 outer mounting holes), hope I don't regret that.
-Finish/paint and mount.

Now ,All I have have to do is mount it ,attach the r/l side bellows,source a licence plate bracket ,wire in the led lic plate bolts ,and were done.

Viola'...........

BetterAir your bumper mod is awesome. It is a modification I want to add to may Carrera. I have a donor bumper and I have been trying to source someone capable to do the aluminum welding. A lot of body guys don't want to get into the aluminum welding. PM or email me if you did the work yourself and would be interested in doing another one. If you had a shop fill the holes, i would love a to get your guy's number.
74 Porsche 911 Targa
72 Datsun 240Z (sold)
Old 02-13-2018, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #310 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterair View Post
Finished product , except for led lic. plate lighted bolts.I dont drive it at night, but lic plate lights are a dot requirement.

Looks fantastic but please post more pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #311 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sCars View Post
I have a donor bumper and I have been trying to source someone capable to do the aluminum welding. A lot of body guys don't want to get into the aluminum welding. PM or email me if you did the work yourself and would be interested in doing another one. If you had a shop fill the holes, i would love a to get your guy's number.
FWIW I took my bumper to my local custom exhaust/muffler shop. They do a lot of off road and hot rod applications. They were able to weld the some 18 holes up in my spare bumper I modded. Since they are used to doing a lot of steel welding, they typically can do aluminum tig welding etc.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/878569-born-75-me-my-new-911s.html
Old 02-13-2018, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #312 (permalink)

70s-
I pm'ed you on a few ideas.Glen Wagner @wagners bodyshop did the bumper for me while doing some scratch and dent repair on the right side door and font fender,from a scuff up at Watkins Glen last yr.
So Cal- I will take a few more pics this weekend.
Thank for the compliments
Old 02-13-2018, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #313 (permalink)
Banned for Life

Garage
Before and most recent after:

Rick S, '71 914 3.0, '82 911SC EFI, R Gruppe #309
Old 02-14-2018, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #314 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
^ Rick .....that's CLEAN man! Very nice. Is the center reflector just plasti-dip'd or what?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/878569-born-75-me-my-new-911s.html
Old 02-14-2018, 09:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #315 (permalink)
Banned for Life

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75 911s View Post
^ Rick .....that's CLEAN man! Very nice. Is the center reflector just plasti-dip'd or what?
Thanks Minimalist,

I am really happy with the look and have one final trick up my sleeve for the rear valence. My goals were to lighten and cleanup the back. If you look close, you will see that the center reflector is not completely black but shows a hint of the red while pretty much covering the script. The product Called Night Shades comes in a rattle can so you can go pretty light to darker (like mine) to completely black. Search the interwebs and you will find it. Rear grill by Al Kosmal X-Faktory on this B.B. and on the interwebs.
https://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP999-Nite-Shades-Cover-Translucent/dp/B000CPCRS6/ref=sr_1_1/134-8337313-8047858?ie=UTF8&qid=1518633498&sr=8-1&keywords=night+shades+paint
Rick S, '71 914 3.0, '82 911SC EFI, R Gruppe #309

Last edited by RSBob; 02-14-2018 at 09:40 AM..
Old 02-14-2018, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #316 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: