Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Help with rear reflector removal

I don't pretend to be an expert as many are on this site - the following question will attest to this.

I am painting a 79 SC and got to the rear refelctor today. After removing the galvanized tin below it, I looked up with a flashlight to see that the refelctor is attached (on this year car) with ten odd-looking clips. Not wanting to crack yet another reflector, I thought I would get to a computer and post this question, before I make a mistake.

Question: What is the best way to take this reflector off. I sincerely appreciate any advice that anyone is willing to give.

Thanks!
John B. - 911Blast (old man who wishes he could buy a new mid-year 911 that runs on gas/Ethanol/broken promises).
Old 06-16-2007, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I just recently replaced mine. To avoid cracking it work from the top using a screwdriver (cover the tip with tape to avoid paint scratches) and pry the top of the reflector away from the car working from one side to the other.

Don't try to pry it all out at once just work it out a little at each mounting point and then work your way back until it comes free. Once the top of the reflector has come free the you should be able to rotate it down like you are opening a tail gate of a truck, it should come free.

More then likely the mounting clips will be rusty and have to be replaced.

Good Luck, Shane

Glad to have helped

Last edited by snbush67; 06-18-2007 at 09:55 PM..
Old 06-17-2007, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Reflrector removal

Worked like a charm! Thanks!

JB - 911Blast
Old 06-18-2007, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: