Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Anyone planning on joining the CVR Coffee run to Limerock Park this saturday?

They are raffling off 4 "Taste of the Track" runs around the course w/ DE instructors, and also will allow the rest of us non racers the opportunity to drive our own cars around the circuit playing follow the leader at lower speeds.

http://www.cvrpca.org/tours/07-coffee1.pdf

hope the link works
Old 08-20-2007, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

8-25 AM cruise/street drive

Anyone interested in a Mass area Saturday drive in the AM? South shore, North Shore - doesn't matter. Can we get 10 cars together.....I am all ears.

Jim
Old 08-24-2007, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Wow! Looks like a nice turn-out for you guys... hope to get up that way and join you sometime. Logistics should prove interesting.

Should be up at the Glen next week for the FCA National.. again logistics as it looks like I'll be there Wednesday with a friend to prep for Thursday's Concour..after which I'll head back home with car in trailer and he'll stay to collect his award. We got Platinum at Cavillino in January hoping to do the same at the FCA event.

Any of you guys treking over to that event?

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 08-24-2007, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Green Skull 006

My daughter's birthday party is Sat. so I can't make this one, but we should have some nice weather for drives this fall before winter sets in.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Garage
Coffee run on Saturday was a blast. We started with 4 cars in South Windsor, CT. and had 4 other pickup points along the way through Hartford, Waterbury, etc. I counted just under 40 cars at the staging area once we were at Limerock.

The DE red group came off the track at 12:15 and we got to take our cars out on the track for a Parade following a pace car. Limerock doesn't like to see speeds over 50 MPH for this type of Parade, but we held up a bit on the front strait and could get on it going through big bend and into the Esses. We were out there for a good half hour and easily did a dozen or so laps.

This was the first time the CVPCA put together a coffee run and tied it into a DE event. Even in the heat, everyone had smiles on their face coming off the track.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Southeastern Ma. Breakfast Club Run

Our second run of the season will be on Sat., Sept. 22nd. We will be starting the run in Norwell, Ma. and make it a coastal cruise south along rt.3A, and then cross over the Sagamore Bridge to Cape Cod and end at Heritage Plantation in Sandwich, Ma. The cruise will run along some great roads, beautiful views and the best Pastry and Coffee Shop you have ever visited.The Heritage Plantation is an incredible park, with walking paths through wonderful gardens. The Dexter Hybrid Rhododendrons were hybridized here along with several varities of Hollies. There is a Shaker Stone building which houses a neat antique car exhibition, and also a Civil War exhibition. However, this is all about the drive, our cars, and the people, please join us! We will meet at Rietzl Porsche Audi, 59 Pond St., Norwell, Ma. at 8:30.
regards,
Paul Ripley
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 08-27-2007, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

How about something up north ?
Maybe Newburyport/Portsmouth area sometime before winter.

'67 901/05 rebuilt 2.2
Bultaco Metralla 62 "XDina"
'68 BMW R69S
Old 08-27-2007, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Up North? Man I gett'n cold already!! ;-)

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 08-27-2007, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

that pastery shop you refer to will never beat the olde Sweetzers (sp)! Trust me as I know how good that store was. Could smell the place from my home in the early AM...
Bob
Old 08-27-2007, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

JCF
The Portsmouth area is great, my old stomping grounds from UNH days. A run up in that area would be fun. I started organizing these runs as nothing was ever happening down in Southeastern Ma. We have a real mix of cars, mostly P- cars, but a nice group of sports cars. Actually makes it a lot of fun. So, come on down and join us, and put together a run up in your area and we will come up and visit. Several of us will be at the NER Porschefest on Sept. 8th. Please introduce yourself. I have a 69T,911R replica with 2.8MFI, silver.
Paul
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 08-27-2007, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Bob
yeh, you have a point about Sweetsers' General Store, that was a few decades ago! We are all about French Memories now! Actually going to stop at the one in Cohasset on the Sept. run. Good memory flash thinking back to Sweetsers, thanks.
Please join us on the 22nd.
Paul
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 08-27-2007, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

I lived for a while on Western Way...right behind the Windsor House... boy were those so fresh and sweet aromas to dream about... which I did last nite after posting that above comment.

Anyway, I am Porsche-less at the moment...she is up on blocks going through a resto. And I would not want to poison the parade with my daily drive honda accord. But thanks for the invite. I will stay tuned in to you guys. Maybe some other event/gathering like a tech session.

By the way, are you the Porsche mechanic that is located next to Millbrook Jeep on Rt 14??

Hopefully my ride will be rolling in the spring.
Bob
Old 08-28-2007, 04:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Tweaks,

I'm sure if you ask nice, someone will let you jump in with them! This was a really good group for the Westport run.
'75 911 US Carrera #390
'74 MGB, AH 3000 BN7 V8,
'65 Mustang Fastback, 66 bronco U13
Old 08-28-2007, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Bob,
Sweeters' had those great creaking wood floors with the wonderful Butcher shop in the back, talk about stepping back in time!
I am not the mechanic on rt. 14, however, I do live right around the corner from him. I have not seen him working on any cars for a couple of years now so do not know his status.
I figure you have two options to do a fall run with us. One, put a pair of Cibies and a couple of Shell Oil horse decals on the lower front fenders and bring the Honda, (you would be welcomed by this crowd), or hop a ride with me if you wish. I like the visual of you dressing up the Honda!
Paul
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 08-28-2007, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Just caught this thread,

sounds like a good time, If I can get some of the work done on my targa by then I'll be there!

-Adam
Old 08-28-2007, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Paul,
If you have the visuals I will gladly plaster the rice burner... otherwise I would enjoy being your co-pilot (I AM NOT A BACKSEAT DRIVER KIND OF PASSENGER FOR THE RECORD) if you are up for the company?
If I miss a post on the next run my tele is 508 747 2314 as it seems that the NEW pelican bd only updates subscribers when it wants to... at least that is my experience to date.
Bob
Old 08-28-2007, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

"Breakfast Club" run sept. 22nd

Bob,
I'll keep in touch abourt the run, and we can set up a meeting point. This is a great bunch of guys with a variety of cars which makes it interesting, check out the previous threads with pictures of our Aug. run.
Paul
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 08-29-2007, 02:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Paul -

Someone can ride shotgun with me, as long as they are willing to wear earplugs - its loud! Can you PM me with details? Are you coming up on Saturday for car show at Lars ANderson?- Jim
Old 09-05-2007, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #58 (permalink)

Jim,
Yes, we have a few cars meeting early Sat. morning and are heading up to Brookline for Porschefest. I'll stop in and say hello. I also want to show you a new type of safety tire valve, that a friend has a patent on, and has begun production on. He has just received approval by Nascar Assoc. for use on race cars.
The "Breakfast Club" run on Sat.,Sept. 22nd will start in Norwell, Ma. We are Meeting at Rietzl Porsche Audi, 59 Pond St (route 228), Norwell at 8:30, this is exit 14 off route 3, head east about one mile, Rietzl is on right. Our destination point is Heritage Plantation in Sandwich, We will be running down along the coastal towns. Hope you can join us.
See you Sat.
Paul
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 09-05-2007, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)

Anyone interested in joining me for a run up north to watch the BMW Club Mt. Washington hill climb ?
I have a buddy who's running an E 30 up the hill.
Can't make it sat. but will be leaving on sun morning .
It starts at 8.00am.

weather looks good.

'67 901/05 rebuilt 2.2
Bultaco Metralla 62 "XDina"
'68 BMW R69S
Old 09-11-2007, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #60 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: