Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

This Allard had the lowest time.

'67 901/05 rebuilt 2.2
Bultaco Metralla 62 "XDina"
'68 BMW R69S
Old 09-23-2007, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Green Skull 006

Thanks, great pictures and some very nice cars. I love the fact that the "bathtub" has the fastest overall time. Are there any spots that you can see much of the course? I'm going to have to try and make it up there next year.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
Driving member

Garage
I like that no expense was spared on the "bathtub". It even has the rare lightweight front decklid tie down.

Unlike women, a race car is an inanimate object. Therefore it must, eventually, respond to reason.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

How many of you guys live close to Lake George, NY or would be willing to make the drive? Its 4 hours from Boston and would be a great meeting spot to have an R Gruppe/S registry/Pelican head caravan and lakeside dining and eye candy picture spot. Lots of places to stay and loads of bars/food options. Who is free on the 29th ( next Saturday). The leaves are just starting to turn and the timing would be perfect.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)

Jim,
I would love to do that trip, however, I'm heading to Vermont next weekend with friends. Might drive over to see cars if you get a group, let me know.
We had a nice run on Sat. down the coast to the Cape. About ten cars in total, and a fine lunch looking at the entrance to Cape Cod Canal.
Looks like our "Breakfast Club" Oct run will be Sat. the 20th, starting in Sandwich. Hope you can make it.
Paul
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 09-24-2007, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
"O"man(are we in trouble)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMClassic View Post
How many of you guys live close to Lake George, NY or would be willing to make the drive? Its 4 hours from Boston and would be a great meeting spot to have an R Gruppe/S registry/Pelican head caravan and lakeside dining and eye candy picture spot. Lots of places to stay and loads of bars/food options. Who is free on the 29th ( next Saturday). The leaves are just starting to turn and the timing would be perfect.
I'm about 1 hour west in the Adirondacks and would love a Sat morning fall run. I even had the car out for a little spirited drive this AM and some hi-test breakfast juice. Actually had lunch in Glens Falls today, beautiful flight over and back. Name the time and place. Few showers forecast for Sat as of today but that can change.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Garfield View Post
Thanks, great pictures and some very nice cars. I love the fact that the "bathtub" has the fastest overall time. Are there any spots that you can see much of the course? I'm going to have to try and make it up there next year.
That 4 cam engine was very cool. Had a VW tranny housing. and an aircraft cooler (pic)

It is held on the toll road. The run was 5-6 miles - to about 1/2 mile above the tree line where the raod flattens and is gravel.
The road is VERY rough - BONE JARRING ! Smooths towards the end of the run .

I don't know how late in the season it stays open ( there were 80 mph winds the night before)but that would be a fun run for a group of us. We could take it all the way to the top.

Wish I could make the Lk. George run but work on sat.

'67 901/05 rebuilt 2.2
Bultaco Metralla 62 "XDina"
'68 BMW R69S
Old 09-24-2007, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Southeastern Ma. "Breakfast Club" Run

Guys,
Sat. Oct. 20th, 9:00, Sandwich, Ma. meeting place TBD. Our run will be backroads down through Cape Cod and ending in Provincetown for lunch. Good interest already so please join us. Please let me know if you will attend so we can make proper arrangements, I will post directions to starting point shortly.
regards,
Paul Ripley
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 10-05-2007, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

I am in Sandwich and would love to join in, I know a few other local guys as well that would be interested. Keep me posted.

Jack
Old 10-06-2007, 01:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

Jack,
Would love to have you guys join in for the fun & games. PM me with your e-mail address and I'll put you on that list. I will post more info on this thread also as time nears.
Paul
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 10-06-2007, 03:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)

Garage
I'm in. just may not have the time to go all the way up the P-town
Old 10-06-2007, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Southeastern Ma. "Breakfast Club" Run

Still on for Sat. Oct 20th. We will meet at 9:00AM in Sandwich, Ma. Starting point is at #334 Rt6A, at the corner of Quaker Meeting House Rd. We will be running through some great back roads to P-Town and then grab some lunch. Please let me know if you plan on coming so I have a car count!
regards,
Paul
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 10-08-2007, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

Hi Paul, sent PM with my e-mail, should be able to make it.

Jack.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)

I would have loved to join you guys but have other plans this Sat. However, I'll be at New Hampshire International Speedway on Monday and Tues with the PCA if anyone is interested in coming. Still room left.
1980 Porsche 911SC w/ -22mm/28mm Torsion Bars | Custom Valved Bilsteins | 22mm/21mm Carrera Sway Bars | Elephant Poly/Bronze Bushings | Carrera Brakes | AJ-USA Brake Cooling | Carrera Oil Cooler w/ Fan | Elephant Strut Brace | Oh, and no ABS or PSM or A/C
Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by widgeon13 View Post
I'm about 1 hour west in the Adirondacks and would love a Sat morning fall run. I even had the car out for a little spirited drive this AM and some hi-test breakfast juice. Actually had lunch in Glens Falls today, beautiful flight over and back. Name the time and place. Few showers forecast for Sat as of today but that can change.
I'm half way between the Cape and Lake George area. Actually, I have a cabin on the Sacandaga Lake and frequent there often. I would love to get together for a ride sometime.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Oct. 20,Southeastern Ma. "Breakfast Club" Run

We've got a great group of cars committed to our Cape Cod Run this Sat.(Sandwich to P=Town). Should be a fun run with little traffic this time of year. Previous thread has directions.
We have set a rain date for the 27th if weather is bad. I will post here on Fri. if we are going to postpone!
regards,
Paul
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 10-16-2007, 03:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Sembc

The weather Gods have told us to proceed with our Cape Cod Run tomorrow, please refer to previous posts for info. Call me if you have any questions - 617-799-1263

See you tomorrow!
Paul
rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 10-19-2007, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)

Ill be there.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)

Green Skull 006

Paul,

Is that your cell #? Im hoping to make it weather looks a little iffy right now (pouring rain) - and hopefully we can find a place for lunch at 12 that will have the F1 qualifying on from Brazil.

Hope to see you in the am.

Jim
Old 10-19-2007, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)
Green Skull 006

A few pictures from yesterday's excellent "Cape Cod - end to end run".

Six cars seems to be a perfect number for a run like this. Any larger and it becomes unwieldy keeping the group together through lights etc.

Coming to a Thanksgiving table near you - the cranberry harvest.

Last edited by Jim Garfield; 10-21-2007 at 06:59 AM..
Old 10-21-2007, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: