Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwetering View Post
What kills me is that the guy runs a pretty big company, maintains the planet's best tech forum, has a full blown family, DIY's complex issues with one of the most exotic and rare cars ever built...and the STILL takes the time to post detailed and annotated DIY threads for the entertainment of his adoring fans.

I mean really - kinda making me feel lazy here with just the career and the family.

I gave up my hobby car (for the time being) because I felt I didn't have the time to work on it, but I can see now that that's just BS. I'm lazy. I guess I did clean the throttle body in my 996 a few weeks ago, and I'll be replacig the brake pads this weekend....but I won't be posting pics and stories.

Thanks for the fascinating posts Wayne. Beats the hell out of most car magazines.
I try to cut back on silly things like showers, cleaning, brushing teeth, etc. No seriously, I don't really watch that much TV or play video games, etc...

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 10-24-2007, 09:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRPORSCHE View Post
Wayne, not to be off topic or anything, but are you still working on the 996 with the aerokit? I was pretty interested in that build.

This thing is sheer beauty though!
I'm working on the Boxster book and 996 book right now - just cleaned up the garage last night in preparation for some work to be done on the Boxster when I return from SEMA. The goal with the 959 is to get it into enough driving condition to take it out to Willow in November.

-Wayne
Old 10-24-2007, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSflared72E View Post
The cramped engine bay...complex plumbing and wiring...expensive potentially unobtainium parts...

Reminds me of my 944 Turbo tinkering days, except to the uber degree IN EVERY FREAKING WAY (value, complexity and outright coolness, of course).
It uses the same cross-over valve on the turbo plumbing as the 951...

-Wayne
Old 10-24-2007, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: