Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Has anyone seen this 88 Cabrio?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-911-Carerra-Cab-1OWNER-TX-CLEAN-CD-BOOKS-COLLECTOR_W0QQitemZ230188006248QQihZ013QQcategoryZ 10156QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone seen this Cabrio in Dallas? I am looking for a nice 911 and this one looks really nice.

Thanks
John
Old 11-03-2007, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to DRACO A5OG
She is a Beauty, Black Beauty.
Factory Marble Grey/Black * Turbo Tail * 930 Steering Wheel* Sport Seats * 17" Fuchs (r) * 3.4 * 964 Cams * 915 * LSD * Factory SS * Turbo Tie Rods * Bilsteins * Euro Pre-Muff * SW Chip on 4K DME * NGK * Sienes GSK * Targa Body Brace
PCA/POC
Old 11-04-2007, 12:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

nice car. High miles. Owner claims it has a turbo rear spoiler? I dont see it. I would get a PPI and if its clean, jump on it!!
Old 11-04-2007, 02:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
It looks like a nice 10 footer to me. Not to be harsh at all, I am assuming you want honest opinions...

Look closely at the pics, as I am sure you already have, the 5-10 foot shots look great, but the up close shots reveal the blemishes. It looks to have a lot of paint chips, etc. The Fuchs look like they need refinishing. Same on interior, overall shot looks nice, but look at some of the detailed pics. I would say (Iand I am certainly no expert - just giving you my observations) that if the PPI checked out OK (especially being a Carrera), that it would be a nice car, but do expect to put a lot of work in on the little details. I find the more I have my 83 cabrio, the more I notice of all the little fine details that need to be addressed in the cosmetic dept. Hope this helps.

No offense on the Carrera comment meant at all, just remembering a friend that just went through what could have been a nightmare on a newly purchased black Carrera. You might want to PM him for more thoughts - he is JeffreyNMemphis on the Board here.

BTW, I did not realize that the Carreras came with an unpainted front valence. Was that an option? I have never seen one like it before. It looks like it is Rubber or ABS, but defintely looks like an unpainted piece to me...

- Daily - 2004 Cayenne S
- Gone but not forgotten - 1983 Ruby Red Cabriolet

Last edited by SCWDP911; 11-04-2007 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: edited for JeffreyNMemphis's right screen name
Old 11-04-2007, 06:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered Cruiser

Let a PPI tell you how nice it is. The front valence is painted. It is a flat/pebble finish that can look like a matte finish. My 87' looks the same.

I have never really completely understood anything.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
#29 SCWDP (muhaahhh!!)

V8 ranch is right. If you look at the close-up photos there is a lot of wear and tear showing. PPI is a must!
92 325is
Now living in Sunny West Palm Beach FL!
Old 11-04-2007, 07:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
naturally aspirated

Garage
Front driver's side bumper looks like there's some red paint on the corner?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the thoughts and observations. I am 300 miles from Dallas and digital photography hides so many things. Price is right but why no engine shots? The salesperson sent me an E-Mail stating that everything works, and the top and back window are in perfect shape.
Sewell is a big Dallas dealership and they also deal in Lexus, Cadillace etc...
Wish I could see it in person.

John
Old 11-04-2007, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the thoughts and observations. I am 300 miles from Dallas and digital photography hides so many things. Price is right but why no engine shots? The salesperson sent me an E-Mail stating that everything works, and the top and back window are in perfect shape.
Sewell is a big Dallas dealership and they also deal in Lexus, Cadillace etc...
Wish I could see it in person.

John
Old 11-04-2007, 09:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
#29 SCWDP (muhaahhh!!)

John,
If you're in the market, it would be worth the drive. Find a good porsche mechanic in the Dallas area and get a PPI done!
92 325is
Now living in Sunny West Palm Beach FL!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: