Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Frere discusses the tire and rim - page 333-4 in his 6th edition.

The spring rate of a tire is affected by the volume of air in the tire (as well as, I suppose, its construction and of course the air pressure), so the more space available for the air the more you can do with the tire as a spring. "A small increase in ride comfort," Frere says.

Did these come complete with the low pressure warning system? Or can that be moved from rim to rim?

I had no idea no other rim would fit. Alas, I also have no practical use for this new lore.

Walt
Old 02-06-2008, 10:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

They look pristine.

Now for the parts car !
Old 02-07-2008, 02:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverc4s View Post
Wayne,
Thanks for the update on your 959 adventure.
Early on you were posting a lot of really interesting "stuff" here as you debugged this somewhat neglected, mistreated car. Are you still doing that in a location I am unaware of, or have you just gotten too busy with other things to continue?
Maybe I missed the memo....
With the economy starting to possibly look shaky, I have been focusing my time and effort on fixing various website issues, and streamlining our computer operations at Pelican. Time for fun and games have to take a back seat to the daily tasks of running the business. Plus, the February swap meets / events are coming up, and the projects I have planned for the car require me to take it out of service for a while. I will dig into those projects after Feb 25th, when I can have the car disabled for an extended period of time.

-Wayne
SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)
Old 02-07-2008, 11:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Quote:
Originally Posted by milt View Post
Wayne, I thought you posted awhile back that you "found" a front and a rear at the factory?
The factory has a bunch in stock (like 20 fronts and 40 rears), but they are $5K each for the rears, and $4K each for the fronts (Porsche list). These were $2K for the pair. Seemed like a better way to go to me...

-Wayne
SPEED READ: Porsche 911 (October 2018)
Old 02-07-2008, 11:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Wayne,
Sorry for the Newb question, but are there pics of your car on the site somewhere?
Old 02-07-2008, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BRPORSCHE
oh yes....this man likes to take pics...

Here it is on the track:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/swapmeet_pics/WillowSprings-Nov20-07/page1.htm
'87 924S - Keep's the Porsche DNA in my system while the 911 is down.
aka "Wolf boy"
Old 02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
12 years and 17k posts...

Garage
Wayne,

Great deal! I'm glad you found those wheels!
www.ford.com
Old 02-07-2008, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
canna change law physics

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne at Pelican Parts View Post
I paid $277 Euros to have them shipped here with full insurance via a "premium" method, whatever that means.

-Wayne
You were robbed! WOW! I've Air Freighted several thousand pounds of equipment, insured, from Houston to Romania, for about $1.25 per pound. And that included crating.

Did that include duties? $277, if it included duties wouldn't be that bad.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post
You were robbed! WOW! I've Air Freighted several thousand pounds of equipment, insured, from Houston to Romania, for about $1.25 per pound. And that included crating.

sending you a PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-beard View Post

I can give you a sweet deal on duties!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: