Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Car too fast! Driver too slow! Thats my guess.
My stock SC seems fast enough for me (for now!)
And a bunch of parts I haven't installed yet.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #101 (permalink)

Get the M1!

87 Targa
Old 03-28-2008, 10:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #102 (permalink)

Wayne,

The 959 pond is a very small one. You are a big fish in it...

One year later (April 2009), what do you know about this eBay Japanese 959 parts car? Was it a fraud, a good purchase by someone? One of the original prototypes? A wreck Steve McQueen had on a Japanese vacation? What is the story?
"Driving in its most beautiful form"
Old 04-14-2009, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #103 (permalink)
Author of "101 Projects"

Accident car from Japan. Bought by a guy in the Netherlands for about $100K or so, and was going to put it back together. I offered to hook him up with the guy that was selling a prototype chassis, but the Netherlands guy took too long to email me back and the prototype chassis was gone by then (you snooze you lose). I think I actually told him that, but "you snooze you lose" probably doesn't translate too well into Dutch.

I figure that this car will resurface again when they realize that there are complete cars for sale in Europe (especially now) for less money than you can put this one back together for. It would be cool to have a spare 959 drivetrain though!

-Wayne
101 Projects for Your MINI Cooper
Old 04-14-2009, 09:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #104 (permalink)

Hi Wayne,
Long time... sorry to dig up this old thread but it's too funny to read this post on the forum, I wasn't aware of it and it's very interesting how small the world can be:
I was on the Japanese car as well and you and I talked quite a bit back then, since I was the owner of the 961 chassis you're referring to!

I talked to Roar as he was interested in acquiring the 961 chassis but I never knew his 959 was the very same car from Japan. That was my intent and he got it faster than me!

Too bad, because since I couldn't put my hands on a decently priced 959 to revive it as a 961 I decided to sale my 961 parts.

Oh well, another time maybe

Best,
Luke
Old 04-30-2017, 12:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #105 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: