Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Time Traveler

What's the deal with this guy, he just kinda scams half the people or something? He contacted me for my WTB post and the price is so low I'm almost tempted to deal with him.

He seems to have a rather large garage in Porter Rico. Is the dude a legitimate scammer, or one of those dudes who just takes forever to deliver because he takes more jobs than he can actually fulfill?

Old 10-21-2020, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Registered

I cannot remember how long ago I was scammed by this guy.

There must be a way INTERPOL or some other agency can drag him off to prison. There are hundreds of victims who would verify his actions.

Len

Old 10-21-2020, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
.. I'm almost tempted to deal with him... Is the dude a legitimate scammer, or one of those dudes who just takes forever to deliver because he takes more jobs than he can actually fulfill?
If you can read this thread and then choose to do business with Sportech .. I'm sorry, but you deserve to be ripped off.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
Best as I can tell Carlos Nin latest ID is:

Preciousmetal

Calling himself Mario

Location on posts East Coast changed 11/5 to say right coast

Last edited by Jim2; 11-05-2020 at 07:18 PM..
Old 10-21-2020, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)
7.0:1 > 11.3:1

Garage
His last ID Fever still hasn’t been banned. And there is another new ID which is looking suspicious.
Old 10-21-2020, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
The absolute safest way to get paid before you ship is to have the buyer make a wire transfer of funds to your account. Will cost the sender about $30 for a wire transfer, but if he wants something ASAP, that should be a small price for him to pay. Call your bank and have wire instructions handy for the next guy who calls. Will weed out the thieves pretty quickly.
I sold my '85 to a guy in the Netherlands a few years ago. He wired the funds. My bank assured me the fund transfer, once made, was irrevocable so I felt comfortable in shipping the car.
Even a money order or registered check can be a forgery. Wire transfer, IMO is the safest route to go. Is literally cash in the bank.
Yukon Yellow

Last edited by jlex; 10-21-2020 at 12:31 PM..
Old 10-21-2020, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geary View Post
If you can read this thread and then choose to do business with Sportech .. I'm sorry, but you deserve to be ripped off.
Nobody deserves to be ripped off and that doesn't answer the question. I know lots of mechanics who are like "next week, next week" and that goes on for months. Hell, I've had a motorcycle in the shop for 3 years now.

Don't you find it interesting that Sportech is still in business?
That he hasn't been shut down?
That he doesn't try very hard to lay low? Sure, he might use a different name on the forum cuz he's banned, but when he called, his opening line was "This is Carlos Nin"

I'm just doing my research. Is there something wrong with doing my homework? Or do I deserve to be ripped off? Do you deserve to know what 3 accounts he's actively using on this very forum?
Old 10-21-2020, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Boxster View Post
What's the deal with this guy, he just kinda scams half the people or something? He contacted me for my WTB post and the price is so low I'm almost tempted to deal with him.

He seems to have a rather large garage in Porter Rico. Is the dude a legitimate scammer, or one of those dudes who just takes forever to deliver because he takes more jobs than he can actually fulfill?
I wouldn't deal with him for sure. But that said, I did receive a part I paid him for. So yeah, odds are probably 50/50
1991 M5 - Gone
1993 RS America - Gone
Old 10-21-2020, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Is this the same Sportech? https://www.facebook.com/porsche.arecibo/

Facebook users can post reviews and experiences: https://www.facebook.com/porsche.arecibo/reviews/?ref=page_internal
Old 10-21-2020, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)
Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_of_butzi View Post
Is this the same Sportech? https://www.facebook.com/porsche.arecibo/

Facebook users can post reviews and experiences: https://www.facebook.com/porsche.arecibo/reviews/?ref=page_internal
What are the chances of 2 Sportechs in Port of Rico with the same phone number?

ZERO

But it would be hilarious if we discovered Carlos was this old guy who ran a shop and and some dude was impostering him on the forums, but he never knew because he didn't speak Igloo.

You see where I'm going? All this stuff doesn't add up. I've never heard of a scammer that scams every other dude. There's been all this talk about people paying him a visit but has anyone ever followed through? Has anyone done a real deep dive into this guy?
Old 10-21-2020, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #90 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Boxster View Post
What are the chances of 2 Sportechs in Port of Rico with the same phone number?

ZERO

But it would be hilarious if we discovered Carlos was this old guy who ran a shop and and some dude was impostering him on the forums, but he never knew because he didn't speak Igloo.

You see where I'm going? All this stuff doesn't add up. I've never heard of a scammer that scams every other dude. There's been all this talk about people paying him a visit but has anyone ever followed through? Has anyone done a real deep dive into this guy?

Not only that, the Facebook page shows his number for the shop and email, which it kind of sort of differs from the info that most has had with "Carlos". So the fact that someone could "hijacked" this other dude's name in order to BS others is pretty big. Did anyone try contacting this shop directly or use the email on this FB page and see if this is the guy? The page seems like a legit business back in P.R. so I don't think whoever owns it wants to risk losing it due to screwing other people.

06 BMW 330I
Personal Qoute: "Do whatever makes you feel good"
Old 10-24-2020, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
virginia.nin@gmail.com