Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.78 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Czar of C.R.A.P.

Transformation is about to begin again. I gave the widebody a really good effort but I have just never felt that it worked well for auto-x. It was fantastic at the track, sooooo.

I am planning on taking off the flares and welding the old flares back on. I saved the pieces I cut out so everything is pretty much an exact fit. I pulled the flares and am holding the fenders in place with hard drive magnets. They work pretty good as you can just kind of stitch the fender. "Frankenfender"

I am going to start out at least and try to torch weld the fenders. Small spots and then hammer them out. As you can see I also plan to reinstall the original doors and possibly the original hood.

Cabriolet Racing And Performance C.R.A.P. Gruppe #1
Put on some C.R.A.P. and drive....
Old 12-26-2011, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #281 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

No more widebody. Original fenders are back on the car.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #282 (permalink)

Dave as I've said before you are a madman! In a good way of course..... Hope to see you and your car in the spring. With any luck my engine will be done and I'll be back behind the wheel.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #283 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

Some pictoral updates from the weekend progress. Got fenders pretty smooth and didn't really use very much filler. Going to need to start thinging of a color pretty soon. I think the interior will just stay black, along with the front tank area and the rear engine area. So basically just an exterior change. I also stripped the doors and am now in the process of making lexan side windows that will just be strap pull type. I may still fill the mirror holes also and then just mount the small light weight mirrors like I had on the fiberglass doors..

Old 01-09-2012, 06:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #284 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

Well a couple of pictures of the lexan side windows. I had to put a little bend in the bottom of the lexan in an attempt to make it fit better. Won't show in the pictures. Would all fit better on a coupe

Old 01-11-2012, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #285 (permalink)

off topic:
I see you live in Fremont. I lived there 13 years ago for 2 years (worked at FAMC). For the sake of your sanity, I hope you live some distance from those God-forsaken train tracks. I think of Fremont every time I see or hear a locomotive.

on topic:
Can't help but admire a guy that is willing to dive into a P-car project with such abandon!!
Old 01-12-2012, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #286 (permalink)

Czar of C.R.A.P.

Worked at FAMC for 16 years left in 1998 my wife still works there over 20 years now. Doesn't matter where you live in town you can hear the trains
Old 01-12-2012, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #287 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

Not very good at photochop but here is what it may look like sort of.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #288 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

Car is nearly prepped for painting. It goes to the booth on Saturday.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #289 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

Thought I had already posted the painted car but I guess not so here goes. Depending on the light the car has slight green tint to it. Paint was a gray primer, then a full white sealer and three coats of yellow. Need some more pictures as the door handles are on now. I did those in a satin black. I think the fuel filler will also be satin black.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #290 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

Rolled the car outside to check the paint in natural light. It looks better outside. The color is more yellow and much more consistant than when inside. Door handles are on now and both side windows are installed. The gas cover is painted and ready to be installed.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #291 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
I think the two tone does a nice job making the conversion top "work". Nice progress
Old 02-25-2012, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #292 (permalink)
Porsche dreamer.....

Send a message via AIM to vwporschegt3 Send a message via Yahoo to vwporschegt3 Send a message via Skype™ to vwporschegt3
wow , what a thread..... in the last video you were bookin it... but it seemed as runs progressed you had lost confidence in the car or your abilities... which is no dig on you i totally understand and have been there... Im a 27 year old that still does BMX for god sakes and if i have a squirly run i end up slowing down.
Seeing what you can do with a stripped out 911 makes me think once my VW Fastback is done i might go find some autocross events to attend locally. thanks for the inspiration!

-Trevor
Old 02-25-2012, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #293 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

I love this photo of the car taken by Tyrone Pham and then rendered

Old 06-29-2012, 09:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #294 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

It's been a while since I checked this thread a couple of changes that I thought I posted here but were in another thread.

Here is the picture of the rear grill I made to replace the one that got a little crispy.

Also car now has new Koni yellow sport adjustables. The rears can now be adjusted on the car. The old set you had to remove the rears make the change then put them back on.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #295 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

Well it has once again been a while. Car transforming a bit once again only this time in reverse. I have successfully reinstalled the original turn signal, flasher, headlight switch assembly and now have it functioning. Next I think will be an attempt at wipers. Going for the just get them working mode. Not really interested in all the time delay stuff. I have already reinstalled the sport seats I recovered a couple of years ago along with the factory seat belts. The original dash pad is long gone and the dash itself has been modified so anything there will have to be custom done. I think I still have most of the interior carpet. The biggest thing I am having an issue deciding is do I leave the full cage or take out everything up front except the roll bar or something in between like leave the side brace for support but take out the front knee bar and front roll bar. If the car is to be mostly a street car once again I think at least the top side and front of the cage need to come out for safety. But since the car is still very track worthy perhaps they should stay in for safety there.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #296 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

It has once again been quite awhile since I updated this thread. In the never ending saga of the car I have been slowly making it more street worthy. I big change was the installation of a rag top instead of the fiberglass hardtop. I was able to find a complete unit. Had to remove the 8 point cage to get it in but will probably put the roll bar back in now the top is installed. Removing the cage the car only rebounded about 1/8" after how many years of track and autocross. I think it looks better now. More the way it was intended to look.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #297 (permalink)
Czar of C.R.A.P.

just as a side note the earliest post I could find for this car was 12-28-2000
Old 10-04-2017, 05:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #298 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfink View Post
I love this photo of the car taken by Tyrone Pham and then rendered

Dude..... wow this is super ideal.

Sweet build man!
Old 02-09-2018, 05:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #299 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: