Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

73T - Rear Banana Arm Reassembly

Whilst the weather had brightened up, and it was already too late to head to Castle Hedingham, I decided to make a start on reassembling the aluminium banana arms that had been cleaned by me and then fitted with new bearings and the hub pressed in at Tuthills.

The emergency / handbrake assembly has already been cleaned, so it is just a case as Haynes would say of "reassembly is the reverse of the disassembly" :-)

Here are the parts required - note that I am missing three of the pins that push through from the rear of the brake plate and have the springs attached to them to keep the shoes in place - if you have any of these spare then please let me know.

The parts go back together easily when they are clean and can be handled, but just remember to get the collar that fits over the spring that holds the brake shoes in place the right way round - i.e. the bell shape pointing inwards :-)

Next up I loose fitted the brand new Carrera 3.2 disk from Sebro (?) and the backing plate.

The final piece to be fitted was the Elephant Racing Monoball and Wevo E-Z Pins - heat the arm in boling water and press fit. I used a combination of clamps and sockets to squeeze it in as I do not own a press - a bit Heath Robinson but it worked.

Just the other arm to do and they are ready for fitting.

Ian

1992 964 C2 Manual with RS Suspension etc.
1973 911T Narrow body Hot Rod with 2.7 Carrera engine and loads of period modsl - SOLD
1986 Carrera Coupe Sport with Stainless Silencer and SW Chip (256 fwbhp) - SOLD

Last edited by Highfield; 06-07-2009 at 10:34 AM..
Old 06-07-2009, 10:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Ian

The rear monoball is not fully seated. You can see the gap between the shoulder and the arm here:

That is why your snap ring isn't closing up the way it should.

When you press the monoball in, be sure you are putting the load on the outer housing and not the center or spacer.

Last edited by Chuck Moreland; 06-07-2009 at 02:44 PM..
Old 06-07-2009, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: