Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
porschesaur

Scream'n 2.7 on the dyno: PMO ITB's with PWR EFI

Howdy Chaps

This one’s a new day and pretty exciting though I haven’t even owned an NA 911 in many years. How about a fully refined complete engine mgmt package for PMO’s excellent Individual Throttle Bodies (ITB’s) for you NA car. Both A/N or S/D open loop maps (no 02) available depending on your engine’s state of tune, ie, cam overlap. Closely tracking three dimensional ignition mapping makes auxiliary air feed for cold starts/running like Bosch “air slides” and idle motors optional (this motor doesn’t have either) and eliminates “rebound” on abrupt throttle lift off commonly experienced in high performance carb-equipped cars as you’ll note here in this demo video I just finished and loaded on YouTube.

The best part for those of us with heavily modified cars is the degree of tractability/usability it provides especially when big cams (overlap) are used. Even with GE60’s and 9:3/1 J&E’s, this Pelicanite’s 74 2.7litre Carrera idles tranquilly at 1,000rpm yet pulls strongly on wide open throttle in 4th gear to 7,400 without a flat spot or lapse in torque.

1950 Vincent Rapide - A Red Rapide Experience -
Old 01-26-2010, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Dixie Region R Gruppe

Garage
NASTY, I am right on the fence on picking these up!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

what is pwr efi?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
just me

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to paulgtr
why do you have that cable running out the car like that?
1975 911s, 3.2l and 915 transmission front oil cooler RUF replica bumper ducktail and SC rear flares SW chip ssi's m&k 2 in 1 out sc front calipers PF 97 pads fuchs 16 x 7 and 8 225/ 245 toyo ra-1s 22/29 torsion bars 25mm Charlie Bars Neatrix bushings lowered and corner balanced DAS bolt in roll bar kirkey seat 5 point harnesses.
http://www.hairydoggrrrage.com/
Old 01-26-2010, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Geeze Peter, that was your car!!! I saw this eaerlier tonight when Pat posted it on Facebook. Holy smokes! Ask Pat when he wants me to bring down the 3.0 cabriolet for some field testing?!?!

- Daily - 2004 Cayenne S
- Gone but not forgotten - 1983 Ruby Red Cabriolet
Old 01-26-2010, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
porschesaur

Well howdy Shane,

Nope, not my car, belongs to a chap in KY who has absolutely wrung this thing out for 35,000 miles on carbs before the switch to ITB's - still doesn't smoke under high load. Hadn't ridden in a good old 2.7 in years ....my sensory receptors especially tuned on this occassion mind you what with my sphincter grip'n the seat.

Mine is the old dusty trailhorse below. As you know I do the PWR (Pat Williams Racing) website as well as his PatWilliamsRacing Channel on YouTube and have set that up to auto post updates to his FaceBook. As for tender ministrations to your own machine, shoot him a note, I'm merely the Internet Court Jester from across town, Pat takes care of all the business.

paulgtr: though these systems run open loop maps (just like the factory race machines), for final tweaks and full refinement following dyno development work, you run a cable from the ECU to a very high quality 02 sensor. You have the option of dynamically updating the map while underway (called "learn") or merely monitoring AFR's while making drivability notations for manual map alteration afterward. As visible in the pic below, my car was the mule for the PWR EFI Turbo conversion. 6 years ago I drove thousands of miles with two different engines in the above scenario and a manual map revision's being performed in that pic.

After years of engine mgmt development, fully funcional maps are very methodically derived these days. This car's running a cable merely to get the last bit of efficiency out of interstate/cruised mode for that extra bit of sparkle as this system enables new levels of refinement to be achieved with high performance/mod'd powerplants.

1950 Vincent Rapide - A Red Rapide Experience -
Old 01-27-2010, 06:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Wow sounds spectacular..go for it Phil!

What did the HP come out at on the Dyno.
RSR look hot rod, based on 75' SOLD
73 911t 3.0SC Hot rod Gulf Blue - Sold.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
MBruns for President

Garage
234 rwhp according to the video - nice from a 2.7. What's the engine management?
Old 01-27-2010, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Doh - I did not see it in the video....I must have missed it...that is strong. I bet that is a riot to drive.

RSR look hot rod, based on 75' SOLD
73 911t 3.0SC Hot rod Gulf Blue - Sold.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: