Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
one of the great unwashed

Green Wire replacement

So, a few years ago, I replaced my green wire with a coax cable (I got the idea from Early_S_Man), so I had a continuous wire from the distributor to the six pin unit. Now, I replaced the configuration with a new green wire, and I need to fab a new Amp Jr connection from the femal end of the new green wire to my MSD box.

Question is: which terminal is which on the female Amp Jr connector on the new green wire. Any know?
TIA!
Pat
Old 04-20-2010, 09:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Call Barry Hershon at IAC in Detroit... He made the small cable that plugs into the new green wire and right into the MSD connector. Turned out great!If you search for my PMO ITB Install, I have pics of it on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patkeefe View Post
So, a few years ago, I replaced my green wire with a coax cable (I got the idea from Early_S_Man), so I had a continuous wire from the distributor to the six pin unit. Now, I replaced the configuration with a new green wire, and I need to fab a new Amp Jr connection from the femal end of the new green wire to my MSD box.

Question is: which terminal is which on the female Amp Jr connector on the new green wire. Any know?
TIA!
Pat
83 SC Targa -- 3.2SS, GT2-108 Dougherty Cams, 9.5:1 JE Pistons, Supertec Studs, PMO ITB's, MS2 EFI, SSI's, Recurved Dizzy, MSD, Backdated Dansk Sport Stainless 2 in 1 out, Elephant Polybronze, Turbo Tie Rods, Bilstein HD's, Hollow 21-27 TBs, Optima Redtop 34R, Griffiths-ZIMS AC, Seine Shifter, Elephant Racing Oil Cooling.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

What did you use for the new green wire? Is it still a shielded cable? I am using the coax, and I am pretty sure it has failed on me (no spark).
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 04-21-2010, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
one of the great unwashed

John:
I got a new wire from Pelican, which is a factory shielded cable. I have to build a new coax to the MSD, with an Amp Jr coonnector. My old coax I built was breaking up at the distributor...the bend radius was small.

My original green wire broke on me, and at the time I was too cheap to spend the $65 for a new wire.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

The green wire for the 928 is exactly like the 911 except it's about 30" long. I wired mine right to the CDI plug.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 04-21-2010, 09:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I did get the replacement for the dizzy section from Pelican. I need a long length from that connector to the CDI box. I will look into the 928 wire. I have no problem adding the connectors (already did with coax), but I just need something with some length.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Can anyone point me in the right direction on the 928 wire? Was it only on certain years? I had my parts guy look on PET, but we weren't 100% sure.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngM018 View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction on the 928 wire? Was it only on certain years? I had my parts guy look on PET, but we weren't 100% sure.
It costs a lot more but it was worth it to me not to have the plug (I cut the plug off and connected directly to the CDI plug).

928-602-907-00-M100

Porsche 928 Ignition - Page 1

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 04-22-2010, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: