Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
  We salute a legendary member of the community.
Thank you for selflessly sharing your wisdom with us...
Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I think I have orders for "All" of the OE Extensions I have in hand! I will need to wait a few weeks to know where I am but I have notified everyone that sent me a PM. If you sent me a PM in May and Did not hear from me send me another PM and I can verify If I got an earlier note and include you in.

I "STILL" cannot believe how many people wanted an extension for their STOCK Shifters and how FEW ordered an extension for the Weltmeister Lever (Which I still have 4 left)
Old 06-08-2010, 01:06 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Garage
For those that are asking about PayPal I post this again

Those sending Money Orders or Bank Checks (Cashier or Certified) will be mailed Immediately. If you send me a Personal Checks I will Ship 5 business days later. After PayPal kept the money in my PayPal account and took it from my checking account (I had for over 40 years) and caused me to be overdrafted. This screwed up my account forever (Lowered my instant Credit on deposited checks), I no longer use PAYPAL for anything.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:51 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
I now have 2 for sure 2" Extensions for the OE Standard and Short Shifter Left! (Waiting for one guy in Canada and one person out of the Country because I physically have 4 left)

I also have 3 Weltmeister 2" extensions left. Once they are gone, they are gone and I am done!

Again, I need to say that the Weltmeister People are missing out because they need this a LOT more than the People with OE Shifters!
Old 06-18-2010, 12:41 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Garage
A Picture of Interest! one person asked for a 3" extension so I had 2 made and kept one. The guy is 6' 7" so he has special Needs in the reach department. His car is a very clean 1977 and here is a Pic he sent to me. If you enjoy your Porsche and have an earlier one, you must have the Porsche Short Shift Kit, Seine Shifter assembly and the Extension to make the reach perfect.

Look at the relationship between the Steering Wheel and the end of the Shifter!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:13 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben parrish View Post
I have never understood the problem with gear selection with a 915. I have driven quiet a few and have not experienced the "sloppy shifting" that others complain of. I even found the 901 in my first car, a 74 914, to be precise and easy.
Am I missing something? I have experiences slop in a VW bug but never found it challenging to find a gear.
Not so much sloppy as potentially inaccurate. Try being waved around one car, while waving a Cup car by while coming out of a high speed dogleg turn on the track, shifting from 3rd to what you plan on being 4th, and the split second of loss of focus puts you into 2nd. Kinda ruins the track day and puts a BIG dent in your wallet. There is/was nothing wrong with my shifter-it just needed this cheap insurance.

When I was done building the new motor, I put the Seine product in. Never again!
RIP Charlie-2/14/00-10/22/09
Old 07-02-2010, 08:49 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by efhughes3 View Post
Not so much sloppy as potentially inaccurate. Try being waved around one car, while waving a Cup car by while coming out of a high speed dogleg turn on the track, shifting from 3rd to what you plan on being 4th, and the split second of loss of focus puts you into 2nd. Kinda ruins the track day and puts a BIG dent in your wallet. There is/was nothing wrong with my shifter-it just needed this cheap insurance.

When I was done building the new motor, I put the Seine product in. Never again!

Yours is the more serious operation. Driving to work and simply going from 2nd to Third and hear this loud clash of Gears or going from 4th to 3rd and hit First! I do not think I have gone from 3rd to 2nd, but thinking about it, that would seem to be a LOT easier (Because you can get the shifter into 2nd) and then you really do engine damage.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:22 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to DRACO A5OG
OK, I'm convinced:

Did exactly the same thing oh the Horror!

Let my buddy with an 84 Cab ( a well respected Pelican ) with this kit try my Baby today after corner balance adjust, he said I needed to put it on!
Factory Marble Grey/Black * Turbo Tail * 930 Steering Wheel* Sport Seats * 17" Fuchs (r) * 3.2 * 915 * LSD * Factory SS * Turbo Tie Rods * Bilsteins * M&K Pre-Muff * SW Chip on 4K DME * NGK * Sienes GSK * Magnecor * Targa Body Brace
PCA/POC

Last edited by DRACO A5OG; 05-12-2011 at 06:57 PM..
Old 05-12-2011, 06:53 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Garage
Woulda saved me a rebuild, if I'd put it on BEFORE!
RIP Charlie-2/14/00-10/22/09
Old 05-13-2011, 06:04 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Garage
It is sort of like a "Warning Label" that should come with all 911's

"Unless you have a Fetish for Totally Original German engineering, Install a SEINE Shifter gate to avoid engine and transmission Damage"

I have yet to miss a shift since I installed the SEINE Shifter gate and cannot imagine being without it!

Also I got an e-mail a few days ago because someone bought a factory Short Shifter that had been cut down, I found that I still have "3" Weltmeister 2 inch extensionsand for the OE, I have "1" 3 inch and 2 inch Extension. Still $25 delivered.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:35 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Update:

Well, not as easy as I thought or hoped but I love the results!

Issue: 1st gear gate was hitting the new welded arm. No problem grinded and filed away some metal to make it go in properly.

Finished the assembly in about 3 hours but spent 4+ hours tweeking the shift coupler to get it perfect Took out all SLOP.

WOW! Incredible Feel and Control. Shifts like a HONDA (sorry that is the best way I can express it) absolutely no binding or grinding. It is weird not having to be conscious about what gear I'm in.

Thanks SHERWOOD for a Fine Product!

My humble thanks to Steve for helping me, words can not express my gratitude.
Factory Marble Grey/Black * Turbo Tail * 930 Steering Wheel* Sport Seats * 17" Fuchs (r) * 3.2 * 915 * LSD * Factory SS * Turbo Tie Rods * Bilsteins * M&K Pre-Muff * SW Chip on 4K DME * NGK * Sienes GSK * Magnecor * Targa Body Brace
PCA/POC

Last edited by DRACO A5OG; 05-17-2011 at 12:10 AM..
Old 05-17-2011, 12:08 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

you have a pm
Old 05-17-2011, 03:11 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Draco

So did you take Sherwood's advice, and use the hose clamp on the shift lever hook, to get the hook perfectly positioned? And only then to weld it into that spot?

That is really the key.

But I am glad you have found out that those of us with this modification have not been overstating the benefits.

Walt
Old 05-17-2011, 01:11 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Hey Walt,

Indeed followed his instructions to the letter, new arm was square and plumb but the fine tuning of the shift coupler caused the gate mis-alignment, but easy enough to modify.

Drove around last night, trying to force a mis-shift and grinding. Please to annouce, could not force nor by accident a mis-shift.

I just love how it feels now, no more floppy shifter when sitting at the light, just at neutral ready to go
PCA/POC
Old 05-17-2011, 01:23 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRACO A5OG View Post
Hey Walt,

Indeed followed his instructions to the letter, new arm was square and plumb but the fine tuning of the shift coupler caused the gate mis-alignment, but easy enough to modify.

Drove around last night, trying to force a mis-shift and grinding. Please to annouce, could not force nor by accident a mis-shift.

I just love how it feels now, no more floppy shifter when sitting at the light, just at neutral ready to go
It is Crazy, but I did the exact same thing and was even careless and still did not miss a gear. Everyone that has driven my car before was ALWAYS Careful and slow on shifting to 3rd. Night and day difference! I LOVE the Difference!

on another note as of today I have No more OEM Shifter Extensions of any length! and I only have 3 for the Weltmeister of 2 inch length left! Still $25 delivered. I am STILL Surprised that I even sold "1" for the OEM and that everyone with the Weltmeister did not wear me out to get them since their lever is Shorter than stock and takes a LOT more effort than stock Anyway I more than Broke even (Made all of $7 each not counting my time to the Post Office and dealing with the members). It was ALL worth it! I want to thank everyone that bought them and allowed me not to lose any money doing this

Last edited by Vincent Hill; 05-18-2011 at 01:37 PM..
Old 05-18-2011, 01:35 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)
Self Proclaimed Genious

Garage
i usto hit reverse sometimes downshifting into fourth. the seine kit
cured that.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:02 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche930dude View Post
i usto hit reverse sometimes downshifting into fourth. the seine kit
cured that.
"OUCH" I do not think I ever did that but in my case, the Lord takes care of Babies and Fools and Babies are not allowed to drive.

"As of today I have exactly 1 Weltmeister Extension left to sell and I am completely out of the extension Business"
Old 05-19-2011, 07:34 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)
Schleprock

Send a message via Yahoo to KTL
Try touching reverse when you're doing 100+ at the end of a long 5th gear straight on the track. That's not a pleasant noise and can't be good for the transmission........

I had a similar problem with my Weltmeister shift lever, where the shift lever was not properly clearing the reverse lockout pawl/tear drop piece to allow the pawl to engage the back side of the lever. Therefore the reverse lockout was basically not functioning. That's how I was able to touch reverse when coming out of 5th gear, since the pawl was not forcing the lever to be blocked at the entrance to reverse and force me to follow the shape of the pawl in a left direction toward 4th.

That said, I like the Seine gate shift kit. Nice hardware, great execution and instructions, great tech support from Sherwood. It's the only spring loaded shifter kit that behaves as the factory would want it (should have made it). The added gate tabs for 1-2 mimic those for 5-R , which relieve the shifter's spring pressure from the shift forks in the transmission.
'87 Carrera- gone 7/25/14 but never forgotten
Old 05-19-2011, 09:26 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)
MBruns for President

Garage
Someone did that at the 48 hours of sebring club race - 5th to reverse - the gearbox exploded.

Talk about carnage
Old 05-19-2011, 09:29 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyD View Post
Someone did that at the 48 hours of sebring club race - 5th to reverse - the gearbox exploded.

Talk about carnage
Good to see you Jeremy! One question, they run a "48" Hour race there? I have raced Motorcycles in 24 hour races and knew it was time to come in when I was closing my eyes on the straights and would count to a number I "Thought" was safe to open them before the Braking to the turn. Just saying this scares me now! Young and Dumb!
Old 05-19-2011, 10:29 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)
MBruns for President

Garage
Landing
Old 05-19-2011, 10:33 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)
Old 05-19-2011, 10:33 AM

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: