Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Wilwood

Hi I am the new Guy, at least for today. Your pistons are different sizes because the pressure on the first piston in the rotation needs to be slightly less than the last one to contact the pad. Hopefully you have the calipers on the correct side of the car. There is a difference from left and right. The drivers side should have the large piston toward the ground and the smaller one toward the sky. I hope this helps.
Now the other issue, do you have adjustable proportioning or bias valve? I would imagine not or you would just adjust it for the feel you want. You may need one now.
What Wilwood Calipers are you running up front. I am thinking of using them on my SC and have been studying the configuration for weeks. Do they bolt right on?
Thanks

Old 07-10-2010, 01:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
BobnJoz

Send a message via AIM to bobswei
hi fal763,
i had also posted the same question on the "racers" bbs and received lots of interesting/complicating info. i do believe my pistons are the same size. i did research and thought i found the similer calipers that had different sizes. i recently broke my arm so i haven't been able to do much more for now, and sorry for poor typing. my calipers are the wilwood superlites II. and they are a bolt on but with my front rotors, needed spacers/washers to center them over the rotors. i recently got got some carrera front rotors, thanks to the kindness of one of the posters here, that will center the calipers or i'm going to front carrera calipers. still undecided till my arm heals. good luck....

Old 07-11-2010, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: