Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Fountain Valley,ca. USA
Posts: 1,180
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMZ3 View Post
Used mine for the first time today.........impressed with it so far. After shampooing my carpets recently, and straightening my door pockets, the door pocket coffee spiller was no longer an option..........I'd recommend it

I couldn't have said it better myself.
JMPRO

Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10
 
JJ 911SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,064
Garage
Arrow Not too many spill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMZ3 View Post
Used mine for the first time today...
... in the Garage;

Need an action shot where we see you holding the cup and view the speedo above 60, waving to a babe on the side walk while driving up Signal Hill

If you got room, and remember, bring it down and we'll go for a test ride.

Did not connect with Brian on Wednesday, so I'll give you the stickers live.

Cheers

J.J.
__________________
Who Will Live... Will See

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 07-09-2010, 02:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
AKA SportsCarFan
 
FastCarFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hudson, OH
Posts: 1,275
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMZ3 View Post
Used mine for the first time today.........impressed with it so far. After shampooing my carpets recently, and straightening my door pockets, the door pocket coffee spiller was no longer an option..........I'd recommend it

It appears that you cannot use the power outlet when using this cupholder. Is that correct? If so it would not work for me because I don't like to go anywhere without my V1 plugged in. I know, I can hard-wire it, but I don't want to & I move it between 3 different cars.

Also, where did you get that shift knob? I like it & have looked for something similar without success. Would it fit on a '88 911?
__________________
Doug Miller

1988 Guards Red Carrera
Old 07-09-2010, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
ToddM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 943
Garage
Send a message via AIM to ToddM Send a message via Yahoo to ToddM
Stick to redbull, those cans fit PERFECTLY in the carpet map pocket. Been doing that since redbull came out. Some smaller diameter water bottles work well in the map pocket, too.
__________________
-Todd
'82 911 SC Coupe w/'92 3.6L, bulletproofed 915/62 w/GT LSD & Wevo goodness, Rennsport RSR/Bilstein Sport, SRP ARB, ER Polybronze, BK strut brace, 15x7/8" Fuchs.
Sold: 92 964 Turbo, 81 SC, 96 993 Coupe, 82 SC, 89 Carrera Cabriolete
Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 10,345
Don't know how well you can see this one, but I use it daily and I love it. It is made from one piece of plastic coated/painted steel wire and fits around both the seat rails and the hump, terminating under the carpets on either side. I bought it for next to nothing off of ebay several years ago. If you need a better pic let me know and I'll see what I can do!



__________________
David

1972 911T/S MFI Survivor
Old 07-09-2010, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered
 
esample's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: America's lower left-hand corner
Posts: 781
Garage
This is the one I've been using for a couple of years. Spendy but worth it.





Porsche Inventive Concepts Detachable Drink Cup Holder.
__________________
Black Widow
Blk on Blk '86 911

"...the secret to Porsche: we do things others cannot"
Old 07-09-2010, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
 
Registered User
 
si Banker's Avatar
Cup Holder

It holds up to a 1liter bottle or a 12 ounce coke The price is $50.00
__________________
1987 911 Coupe
Triumph Trident Track Master


History is the lie we all agree to..........
Old 07-09-2010, 01:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 8,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEpperson View Post
Don't know how well you can see this one, but I use it daily and I love it. It is made from one piece of plastic coated/painted steel wire and fits around both the seat rails and the hump, terminating under the carpets on either side. I bought it for next to nothing off of ebay several years ago. If you need a better pic let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Do you know/remember who the seller was?

I also saw it on ebay, thought it were great, and simple and very inexpensive. Later, was no longer listed.

Last edited by tcar; 07-09-2010 at 03:51 PM..
Old 07-09-2010, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Registered User
 
NewfieMZ3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 514
Garage
She saw sunshine today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
... in the Garage;

Need an action shot where we see you holding the cup and view the speedo above 60, waving to a babe on the side walk while driving up Signal Hill

If you got room, and remember, bring it down and we'll go for a test ride.

Did not connect with Brian on Wednesday, so I'll give you the stickers live.

Cheers

J.J.
Hey JJ not to worry.......she got a 4 hour workout today......and the cupholder performed fine as well.....she's good for a Tim's XL. And I would never wave to the Ladies on Signal Hill they charge by the hour.

Yes I will personally retrieve my PP stickers....I want to see your lift.

Here's a couple pics from cruise to today...




__________________
1984 911 Coupe
2007 Z4 M Coupe
2008 Cayman S
2004 M3-Alpine White(sold)
2002 M Roadster (sold)
Old 07-09-2010, 04:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Registered User
 
NewfieMZ3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 514
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFan View Post
It appears that you cannot use the power outlet when using this cupholder. Is that correct? If so it would not work for me because I don't like to go anywhere without my V1 plugged in. I know, I can hard-wire it, but I don't want to & I move it between 3 different cars.

Also, where did you get that shift knob? I like it & have looked for something similar without success. Would it fit on a '88 911?
That is correct.......no aux power when coffee on board. And I really lucked into that shifter. I too was looking for quite some time, and saw it on e-bay by accident a few weeks ago. It is from a 69s, and in fantastic shape. It was showing its age when i got it, soaked in Leatherique, wrapped in cellophane plastic and let sit in the heat for a few days......came out like new. It is threaded but fits nicely down over my shift rod and holds tight with set screw.


__________________
1984 911 Coupe
2007 Z4 M Coupe
2008 Cayman S
2004 M3-Alpine White(sold)
2002 M Roadster (sold)
Old 07-09-2010, 04:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10
 
JJ 911SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,064
Garage
Arrow Looking good

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMZ3 View Post
...and the cupholder performed fine as well.....she's good for a Tim's XL...
XL, the only thing I drink...

Well well well, time sure change...

Signal Hill ladies were running to the ship when the Navy pull in. We never had to pay anything... except for the 10 Cents an once drink from the bar
__________________
Who Will Live... Will See

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 07-09-2010, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Registered User
 
NewfieMZ3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Posts: 514
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
XL, the only thing I drink...

Well well well, time sure change...

Signal Hill ladies were running to the ship when the Navy pull in. We never had to pay anything... except for the 10 Cents an once drink from the bar
Yeah inflation affects all commodities.......lol
__________________
1984 911 Coupe
2007 Z4 M Coupe
2008 Cayman S
2004 M3-Alpine White(sold)
2002 M Roadster (sold)
Old 07-09-2010, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
 
83 911 Production Cab #10
 
JJ 911SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 11,064
Garage
Thumbs up Merrickville Car Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMZ3 View Post
Yeah inflation affects all commodities.......lol
I saw Brian on Sunday. 800+ car. The Porsche Club had their coffee run that morning and a few stop by after.

I mentioned to Brian about my request for the action shot on Signal Hill...

He said that you guys did discussed the cup holder

Forgot to give him some P.P. Sticker. Any way, I'll have a bunch of the for you.

Going to the track for a DE next Tuesday. I'm getting the front wheel balance tomorrow by a shop that does it for people goingg to Calabogie.

After looking at all the option... I'm going with;

Ken solution.

Originally Posted by kanadary
i use one of those auto sealing travel mugs from costco. works great, doesn't leak so you can actually lay it on the seat.
http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal-stainless-steel-travel-mug.html


Cheers

J.J.
__________________
Who Will Live... Will See

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 07-13-2010, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
wannabee wannabee
 
WIL84911's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ramsey, New Jersey
Posts: 2,006
Garage
A must for me. Took it with me for my first drive home. It is great.
__________________
99 C4 - (let's try this once more)
07 Cayman S - sold 11/17 (not the same)
84 Carrera - sold 3/16 (geez what have I done!)
Old 07-13-2010, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 10,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcar View Post
Do you know/remember who the seller was?

I also saw it on ebay, thought it were great, and simple and very inexpensive. Later, was no longer listed.
Well, I like that stupid cupholder so much I did a search of old emails and this is what I got:

the seller's user name on ebay was "porschecupholders" but that name does not register with ebay anymore. His name was Craig Marks, and he was from Findlay, OH 45840. his email was cemarks at woh.rr.com. I did not try to contact him - but good luck.

ps if you get a hold of one, please let me know. I'd get another just to have as a spare.

pps - I hope he doesn't mind me posting his info.....

__________________
David

1972 911T/S MFI Survivor
Old 07-13-2010, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

 


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:55 PM.


 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2020 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page
 

DTO Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.