Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Is my clutch ok?

I recently removed my engine (79' SC) to fix a leaky oil t-stat. That went well, but I could not get the engine to mate back up with the trans properly. After fighting it for about 5 hours, I decided to drop the tranny. This took only about 1/2 an hour. I don't want to put it all back in the car to find I did something wrong. The clutch fork is visible through an inspection hole, and is in the grooves of the bearing. My question is, Is there a way to test it's operation out of the car? I've turned the clutch actuation shaft, lots of resistance and little movement. I didn't touch the clutch itself at any time. How much resistance should there be and how many degrees of rotation should the shaft move?
Thanks!

Old 07-10-2010, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Senior Advisor

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to James Brown
Do you have a clutch aligning tool? about 5 bucks. Always check that even when not removing the clutch. Sometimes, when removing the trans, you might disturb the alignment. Might as well pull the clutch off and give it a look see, just in case something is worn out.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
If the release fork is engaged in the grove of the throwout bearing your good to go.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: