Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Pre-purchase inspection

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. This is a great place for information, thank you. I'm wondering if I could get some recommendations for shops that perform pre-purchase inspections in the Greatneck, NY area?

Old 07-10-2010, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
new to the forum and already a double post, we usually wait more than 20 minutes before posting the exact same post with a different title .... please delete the other post ....

I am sure some one will recommend a PPI location for you in NY
Old 07-10-2010, 10:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Hey dude,

Chill. He just wants some help.

While I do not know of any shops, I would contact the loal PCA Chapter for some recommendations.
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
2009 MB C300
Old 07-10-2010, 11:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

I think you are in Nassau County. If so, this is the correct chapter: Metro NY PCA

If not, look here to get what you need: Porsche Club of America - 13 Zones, 139 Regions
2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
2009 MB C300
Old 07-10-2010, 11:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80-911SC View Post
new to the forum and already a double post, we usually wait more than 20 minutes before posting the exact same post with a different title .... please delete the other post ....

Wow, this is the kind of response that pushes newbie members like myself, who are looking to buy their first P-car, to other forums.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Try Tony Giordano at GTPrecision.com
Great guy he's in Massapequa on LI
Old 07-11-2010, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Thank you for the information. I am new to joining the forum but I have been using the site for a while to gain some knowledge to purchase my first Porsche. I'm sorry if I offended 80-911sc but my computer locked up and I was unaware that the first post had posted. I do not see how to remove it.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
French member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80-911SC View Post

New to the forum and already lecturing newbies...We usually wait a few more years before acting like a veteran

As for PPI recommendation, I would start with the search engine:

Pelican Parts Technical BBS - Search Results
Hear my rebuilt motor! Dyno
Old 07-11-2010, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
didn't see anything wrong with recommending he delete the double post .........

and how long on the board until you can point out the obvious ????
Old 07-11-2010, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1948b1pw View Post
Thank you for the information. I am new to joining the forum but I have been using the site for a while to gain some knowledge to purchase my first Porsche. I'm sorry if I offended 80-911sc but my computer locked up and I was unaware that the first post had posted. I do not see how to remove it.
Hi,

Apparently, unlike 80-911SC, I get double posts every once in a while too. You can delete them (or at least I have been able to). If you want to delete a post, you do the following:

1-Hit the "Edit" button at the bottom of the post you want to delete.
2-Hit the "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the editing window.
3-You will get another screen that will have the option to delete the post before you get to the body of the post you are trying to delete. Hit the radio button labelled "Delete Message" then hit the button labelled "Delete this Message".

This screen looks like this:

2003 BMW Z4 3.0i
2009 MB C300
Old 07-11-2010, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Just for the record, it was two posts not a computer freeze, same exact wording in the post with two different title lines .... not being a __ but recommended removing the other post and ensured the gentleman that some one with a knowledge in that area would help him soon in his search for a PPI ...........
Old 07-12-2010, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
just me

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to paulgtr
so is this the thread or is there another one? if you look on page 2 of this forum you will find a thread covering exactly your query. I'll go get the link for you.
PPI recommendations on Long Island needed
1975 911s, 3.2l and 915 transmission front oil cooler RUF replica bumper ducktail and SC rear flares SW chip ssi's m&k 2 in 1 out sc front calipers PF 97 pads fuchs 16 x 7 and 8 225/ 245 toyo ra-1s 22/29 torsion bars 25mm Charlie Bars Neatrix bushings lowered and corner balanced DAS bolt in roll bar kirkey seat 5 point harnesses.
http://www.hairydoggrrrage.com/

Last edited by paulgtr; 07-12-2010 at 07:02 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
I'd also recommend that the PPI be done at a shop other than where the current owners has the car serviced. Yeah, it might sound great that the PPI shop you've chosen (if it's where the car currently gets serviced) already knows the car. But remember, that shop's allegiance is to the guy who's more likely to come back in the future for repeat service...and that's not likely to be YOU.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

...and, if you want to be armed with information to help you choose a shop, or simply discuss your needs with a technician, please use the following link;

The Pre-Purchase Inspection by Peter Zimmermann - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Old 07-13-2010, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: