Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Clutch Cable Replacement - Goodbye 31 inch Calves

I finally found time today to replace me clutch cable and what a difference it made. It feels like its 10 times eassier and smooth as butter. Thanks to Wayne for a grat DIY book and tips from fellow Pelicans.

Before you think you may be having Tranny issues, consider just replacing your worn out cable with a new one from our host and feel the difference.

74 Chocolate brown

Old 07-11-2010, 12:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Did mine about two months ago and I agree. I can't believe what a change it made. Thought it would be a pain in the rear but everything went well.

Ernie 81 SC
Old 07-11-2010, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Yeah, but that also means you removed the #1 anti-theft mechanism from your car

It does make a substantial difference, as does having the cable adjusted properly.

'75 Targa in "Arrest Me" Red, 3.0SC ('79) engine, Bilsteins, Turbo Tie-rods, SSIs into 2-1 M&K muffler... and looking for my next upgrade.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornchris04 View Post
Yeah, but that also means you removed the #1 anti-theft mechanism from your car

It does make a substantial difference, as does having the cable adjusted properly.
HA HA HA . . . Yeah, when the cable is friction handicaped it does take some super human skills to shift. A mere mortal not familiar with a 915 wouold just give up. Just need to now find another "trick" safety device
Old 07-11-2010, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Thumbs up On the list...

Got the stuff last year but now that I got a scissor lift along with converting my garage to a heated one, I'm out of excuses, so it will be one this winter projects along with a full brake job (got the stuff last month) and SSI's & 2 In/2 Out B&K muffler that I just order.

Will be a busy winter

Should keep me off the depression that I had last winter when Das Babe was store 40 Miles away... that was not fun at all

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 07-11-2010, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: