Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Porsche Crest Dana Point Concours

The 356 Club held their annual concours in Dana Point today. Weather was beautiful and there was a great turnout of cars and people. If anyone is interested, a few photos are posted here:

Automotive Innovations and Restoration | Facebook

www.autoinno.com
www.AIRMotorSports.com
Old 07-11-2010, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Arrow Great Pics

George

Thanks for the photo. Must be time to go to bed, I thought I saw a MG...

J.J.

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 07-11-2010, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

J.J. -
Indeed it is not too late in Ottawa! There was an MG on the lawn, next to the 904's and a Porsche tractor. as I understand it, the MG has an interesting Porsche connection. The car was owned by Tony Lapine, the well known Porsche designer, and while he admired the design, he felt the car was lacking in certain details and so he and the folks at Weissach totally rebuilt the car using a Fiat (?) motor and a large number of Porsche parts (including some very trick 904 pieces that were integrated into the car).
George

www.autoinno.com
www.AIRMotorSports.com
Old 07-11-2010, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Cool Great story...

George

It's time for me to go to bed... I've been up since 3AM.

This site is killing me

Cheers

J.J.

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 07-11-2010, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Here is some more info I found about the MGTC that was at the Concours:

Anatole "Tony" Lapine (who was Porsche’s chief designer for two decades) redesigned this
TC. Installed is: 1400 cc Fiat twin cam, Dual 40 Webers, Fiat 5-speed trans, Alfa Romeo Guilietta Veloce brakes, Alfa Romeo rear differential, Borrani wire wheels, Porsche 906 steering, Pedals from a Porsche 917 K, modified to left hand drive.

www.autoinno.com
www.AIRMotorSports.com
Old 07-12-2010, 06:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

car was raced hard and is extremely fast!
but the folks in weissach didn't have that much to do with the build. that was a family matter with the exception of Armin Altmann, who was Tony's main fabricator in the design studio. he was key during the build. of course there were more that contributed. but the main builders were Tony and my brother!
the build took over 7 years to complete!

Hans

Old 07-14-2010, 09:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: