Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Started the car tonight....

Ok, so what else is new? This time the car (1980 SC w/CIS) had been sitting for a little over 4 weeks without being started. It cranked over for about 5 or 6 seconds and fired right up and after a minute or so settled into a 950 rpm idle! So why haven't I driven the car in that time? Shoulder surgery. At the moment I am not allowed to do anything fun like shift gears with my right arm. Anyway, I am so pleased with my Pcar right now that the shoulder almost doesn't hurt! I used to have a 1988 924S that would kill the battery in 3 days if wasn't run a few miles so this is definitely a step in the right direction!

Old 07-12-2010, 05:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

An air cooled is always a better step than a water pumper. The water pumpers were made to be service vehicles for the dealer....
Bruce
Old 07-12-2010, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Sorry about your siteeation but I get what you mean about the 911 firing right up.

I couldn't drive mine when I broke my foot a couple of years ago. The cast would fit within the pedal box area.

Mine is still at the body shop, hopefully to be back this week.

I drove and raced my Camaro with a broken arm but I only had to bump the autoshifter slightly for each gear.

Wayne
Old 07-12-2010, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
easy fix for you,
talk your wife into letting you buy a RHD car to drive and promise that you will sell it once your shoulder heals completely ...........
Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Arrow And...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred cook View Post
... Shoulder surgery. At the moment I am not allowed to do anything fun like shift gears with my right arm...
... What is wrong with your left arm

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 07-12-2010, 07:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: