Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

MFI to webers fuel pump location???

i know that there are numerous threads regarding converting from MFI to carbs, but i am uncertain as to which location is deemed the best for the fuel pump. i would rather mount in the rear location on my 72T but note that some prefer the front. would welcome any advice or experience with the rear location!!!!

Last edited by lin7310948; 07-13-2010 at 11:10 AM..
Old 07-13-2010, 10:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Friend of Warren

Pushing fluid is always easier than pulling. Ideally, you would want the pump as close to the gas tank as possible.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Under the radar

Location: Sebastopol, the land of wine and redwoods in The Republic of California.
Garage
I'm running a Facet in the engine compartment.

It's mounted on my '71 with a 2,5 and Webers. No regulator.
Yea, I know now, it's not supposed to suck, but it does fine mounted like this. I installed this in 1983 more than TWENTY-FIVE years ago and it has run flawlessly ever since. That includes regular autocrosses and DEs.
#56 PCA Redwood Region, GGR, NASA, Speed SF
Trackrash's Garage :: My Garage
Old 07-13-2010, 01:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

I just kept the MFI fuel pump and filter console. I just tap into the "loop" that used to go to the belt driven injector pump with a regulator. Very simple set-up and easy to do. Just put a "T" fitting in the line that used to go to and from the belt driven pump. Attach a low pressure regulator to the T fitting and plumb the outlet from the regulator to the carbs. I used a low pressure Holley regulator that has one input and two outputs.

-Andy

Old 07-13-2010, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: