Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Sunroof Air Deflector

Hi Guys,

I have an 86 coupe with sunroof and the air delfector has gone bad so I ordered a new one from our host. The original part number has been superseeded with another one but clearly states that this will work with my car. I have received it, it mounts up beautifully and looks great installed. The problem is though, the sunroof won't close all the way. It gets about 95% closed but the back will not raise up and slide forward to complete the close. I took it back off, put the old one back in, worked perfect. Tried the new one again, and still won't close. I noticed through searching others have had this issue but no one has seemed to be able to solve it, or if they did they didn't document it. I did read that that the 964-564-005-01-70K-OEM which is the superseeded part number requires four protective sliders, I believe my car only has two and this new air deflector is thicker in the middle. So my question is, do I need 4 of these, are these what are not allowing the sunroof to close, maybe it needs these more in the middle to help compress the deflector and let it slide closed, and will my sunroof accept four of these clips? Currently I can only see two, one on each side and none in the middle. The protective sliders I am referring to are :911-564-433-00-M100. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Just by reading your post - wondering if maybe the deflecter needs an adjustment - a little friendly persuasion to give it more contour. As well, try just with 2 sliders rather than the 4.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to rs6er Send a message via Skype™ to rs6er
I am not entirely sure your problem is the new deflectors. I recently undertook an R&R of my SC Coupe sunroof headliner. After I got it all together again, I had the same problem-back won't raise up. I pushed it up manually using the rear cable attachments. Now it is up, but the sunroof won't open and close.
Original owner '81 911SC blackmetallic coupe. Terbatrol, SSI, M+K Gen 4, SC+ cams, A/C delete, console delete, heater backdate, 7 & 8 x 16 Fuchs with polished rims, Turbo tie rods, tensioner update, Rennline engine mount bar, Mainely Custom sump plate, new top-end, corner balance.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I operated mine manually after rebuilding, upgrading, and adjusting although it doesn't seen like you touched anything but the sliders

and just in case anybody with the Al deflectors want to upgrade to the Carrera plastic

'77 Sunroof Air Deflector Upgrade

SSI Monty
MSD JPI
w x6
Old 07-14-2010, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: