Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Should be a GP White car with a mahogany leatherette interior with leather seats.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

I am officially retiring from answering interior code questions. If someone else wants to pick up the ball and run with it, be my guest.

If anybody gets on here and asks about their interior, you may be waiting a while for an answer...

JR
Old 10-15-2017, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #142 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john baldwin View Post
Can anybody help identify this interior color code?
'89 Targa 3.2
Thx in advance

Same as mine. Your interior should be Cashmere.
Old 10-15-2017, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #143 (permalink)

Im trying to determine these three 5-digit option codes:

I know they are "Z' option codes from Porsche Exclusive, but they can and do mean something specific because I have seen specific vehicles with other 5-digit codes that account for the same Exclusive option on their cars.

Im 99.7% sure at least one of these is for special colored piping on the seats, but Im not sure which of the three and what the other two might be. I have a hunch it may be something like leather sunvisors, leather headliner, deviated leather somewhere, leather mat trim, etc.

I got a Suncoast VIN report and usually they specify the 5-digit Z codes with a German description I can then translate in Google, but Suncoast has changed their report appearance and doesnt give quite the same info anymore. So no descriptions or even mention of the three specific 5-digit codes individually -- just that the car had 3 'Z' orders which Im well aware of.

These codes arent generic. Just trying to nail down what they mean.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #144 (permalink)

I think I just answered my own question. The car was interior code 94 which is leather/leatherette beltline deviating color. So those three codes account for the special deviating interior pieces.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #145 (permalink)

Garage
Interior code PB on an '87? Just missed JR's retirement. Sigh.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #146 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Hopefully this helps a few people. Courtesy of RėL from another thread. For 1984 MY.

FWIW; I doubt Porsche would over-write a code with a different color, purely to avoid major confusion. In other words, these codes would presumably apply to cars thru the eighties and probably into the nineties.

Of course, there are discontinued codes from earlier years that won't be included on here, and later introduced codes that aren't on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RėL View Post
Hope it helps:

for the 1984 year

Last edited by FrenchToast; 11-07-2017 at 09:45 PM..
Old 11-07-2017, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #147 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by needspeed View Post
Interior code PB on an '87? Just missed JR's retirement. Sigh.
I believe its Spec Lthr/Lthtt Belt-Champagne. Its a black/champagne combo.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #148 (permalink)

Garage
Interesting.

Didn't know "Champagne" was a special leather color.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #149 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UDPride View Post
I believe its Spec Lthr/Lthtt Belt-Champagne. Its a black/champagne combo.
I bought the car in April and it came with an all black interior with at least the seat in leather. The carpet does feel like it may have been changed once in the past, so if there were Champagne in the interior, it may have been the carpet.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #150 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by needspeed View Post
I bought the car in April and it came with an all black interior with at least the seat in leather. The carpet does feel like it may have been changed once in the past, so if there were Champagne in the interior, it may have been the carpet.
My 87 black/full leather champagne has a PE interior code.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #151 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: