Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 3.77 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

But have to remember they were a nervous 320hp which my 3.6 is a street able 320 has stiff bilsteens etc and is not really comfortable, so I guess a 400 hp wild look ferrari stock is ok, in the end it doesn't matter high hp low hp as long as people are enjoying and being involved in the Porsche cars I'm ok with their hot rods

Old 01-11-2015, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #401 (permalink)

Garage
Who did you email? That is probably including wheels and rubber as well.

~A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej911 View Post
I emailed Rauh Welt USA about the conversion. The guy that responded was completely clueless. I mean completely turned me off. He said that the conversion is $35K-$40K when all said and done. bodykit, wheels, paint, labor =$35K+++
2013 Honda Pilot
Old 01-11-2015, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #402 (permalink)
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Stewart View Post
But have to remember they were a nervous 320hp which my 3.6 is a street able 320 has stiff bilsteens etc...
But how much does your car weigh? I bet the torque/lbs ratio over the entire curve was better on the IROC RSR than your car.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #403 (permalink)

Garage
Have you all watched Leh Keen's video? The sound of that Porsche with that body kit is balance/equilibrium/harmony in my eyes and ears. I'd imagine that is a 3.6 but am completely guessing. If you've got a better thought on what motor is in the Keen RWB, please post up. I'd swap that motor into my 83 911c in a heartbeat with a RWB conversion similar to the black one

or even Pandora one in black minus the FFTEC Turbo.

On a side note, if I were going to start a grocery list of items for just such a conversion, these iForged wheels would very much be on that list.

versus his typical fanfare which are still pretty impressive even sitting rubberless
2013 Honda Pilot
Old 01-11-2015, 02:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #404 (permalink)
Registered

My car weighs about 2250 if you have never driven an early car with a 3.6 and a 915 you might be surprised, I'm sure the early motor is a Great motor, and I am really sure my twin plug headed fuel injected motor runs really well, remember I'm not saying my motor is a race motor
Old 01-11-2015, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #405 (permalink)
Registered

It would all be in my list too
Quote:
Have you all watched Leh Keen's video? The sound of that Porsche with that body kit is balance/equilibrium/harmony in my eyes and ears. I'd imagine that is a 3.6 but am completely guessing. If you've got a better thought on what motor is in the Keen RWB, please post up. I'd swap that motor into my 83 911c in a heartbeat with a RWB conversion similar to the black one

On a side note, if I were going to start a grocery list of items for just such a conversion, these iForged wheels would very much be on that list.

versus his typical fanfare which are still pretty impressive even sitting rubberless

Old 01-11-2015, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #406 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
If you really want one.... Porsche 911 Rauh Welt RWB Los Angeles 1 Car 993 | eBay

But if I was blowing that amount of cash, I'd want my own personal one made.
Old 01-11-2015, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #407 (permalink)

For all of the purist naysayer's, my opinion is that if you feel you should have that much say into what I do with MY car, then you should at least have your checkbook out and make an offer to buy it.

Otherwise, you can expect that the car will turn out the way I want, whether it's a concours restoration, a Japanese body-style, or a hot rod with a Chevy V8 engine.

The fact is, I admire them all as expressions of ingenuity. Ferdinand Porsche made a personal statement with his designs and I think that he wouldn't be surprised that so many people express their own personal statement with his cars 30+ years later.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #408 (permalink)
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstallo View Post
For all of the purist naysayer's, my opinion is that if you feel you should have that much say into what I do with MY car, then you should at least have your checkbook out and make an offer to buy it.

Otherwise, you can expect that the car will turn out the way I want, whether it's a concours restoration, a Japanese body-style, or a hot rod with a Chevy V8 engine.

The fact is, I admire them all as expressions of ingenuity. Ferdinand Porsche made a personal statement with his designs and I think that he wouldn't be surprised that so many people express their own personal statement with his cars 30+ years later.
If you don't want to hear other people's opinions about something, don't post it on a forum. It's just that simple. If you post something on a forum, expect people to express an opinion that might not match up with your own.

Checkbook? Yeah, right......
Old 01-18-2015, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #409 (permalink)
Registered

Or at least offer to pay for the way they think it should be. Until then it's my ****** car get your own
Quote:

Quote de Pstallo

If you don't want to hear other people's opinions about something, don't post it on a forum. It's just that simple. If you post something on a forum, expect people to express an opinion that might not match up with your own.

Checkbook? Yeah, right......
Old 01-18-2015, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #410 (permalink)
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Stewart View Post
Or at least offer to pay for the way they think it should be. Until then it's my ****** car get your own
It is your car....so do what you want to it. But, if you show us what you did to it, don't get indignant if people don't like it and tell you so.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #411 (permalink)
Registered

And don't get your butt hurt for what I did!
Old 01-19-2015, 01:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #412 (permalink)

Racer

Huh?
Old 01-19-2015, 01:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #413 (permalink)

Touche, Winders! You made an excellent point. If you post it on the forum, you can probably expect some praise for being creative, but at least an equal amount of bashing if you don't go the 'purist' route.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #414 (permalink)
R.I.P.

that can be said to both parties. The person posting up has opened themselves up to critics, but then it's only fair the critics also open themselves up to being judged as well.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #415 (permalink)
Registered

I love mine and that's what really matter.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #416 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Both of these cars are dead sexy, are they both yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10zz964 View Post
I love mine and that's what really matter.

SOLD: 1975 Carrera / 965 tribute w/ 1989 3.3 turbo 8.5:1, custom Evergreen K27 7200, 964 cams, euro CIS, TEC1 dual plug, rarlyL8 headers & hooligan pipe.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #417 (permalink)
Registered

black one is mine, the white one belong to my buddies.
cheers
tenn
Old 03-01-2015, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #418 (permalink)
Registered

Sunday drive to watch RWB thailand #20 being build

Old 04-28-2015, 07:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #419 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by APachon71RN View Post

for a RWB conversion, SSR Meister or forget it. iforged totally wrong!!

Old 04-28-2015, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #420 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: