Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodsrsr View Post
You mean like this....... Its a Rennspeed piece. FG Flat hood.
Precisely, looks nice. I think mine was from SMART racing but that's what I mean.
If one wants to go really hardcore get rid of heat and fresh air vents and get a heated windshield if you need defogging.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Been wanting to do this for a long time. Fresh air blower/box is gone. I've easily rerouted AC ducting for recirculating air from the smuggler box blower, having removed the A/C core years ago. May go back to having A/C someday soon.

In seven and a half years we have only turned on the heat once. Foot well blowers are gone, engine blower is gone. Auto-heat is also on the hit list. There will be a manual pull between the seats that dumps air at the passenger's feet, and another manual pull that sends air to the windshield vents. No heat for the driver. May even remove the carpeted foot well covers and direct the passenger side heat at a 90* angle without going into the fronk.

Will eliminate the clusterpluck of slides on the dash. Will put the A/C controls in their place and allow me to finally delete the center console.

I've got new flapper boxes and almost everything to go full manual between the seats. This is the part that I am most excited about. Can't stand the auto-heat even though it works as intended.

Why did the Germans put so much useless crap in this thing. I've removed a couple hundred pounds already and you'd never know it by looking at it. Well.

Picture is WIP

Last edited by douglas bray; 07-14-2014 at 10:35 PM..
Old 07-14-2014, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffCamber00 View Post
Pics as promised:

looking for the part for the fresh air vent into the cabin????
or Fresh air, center hood vent delete...
Old 03-09-2019, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Registered Minimalist

Garage
I saw someone made a drip tray from fiberglass. It catches any inbound water through the fresh air intake and drops it down through the body to the ground.

Check out my 75 and 77 911S build threads
Old 03-10-2019, 05:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Registered

I am eliminating all the AC and most of the HVAC stuff on my project.

my headers have heat exchangers but no blower. I will keep the flapper boxes you can see in post 22 in both corners of the trunk to direct heat either to the windshield or the floor.
86 944 turbo my new DE/track car.
78 930 clone project car.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Registered

Here is what I did:

so this is how a backdate project starts...

See the first post and then post 194.

Then here for post 202 showing the routing of the drain tube:

so this is how a backdate project starts...

A few dollars of readily available materials.

Last edited by SpyderMike; 03-10-2019 at 08:23 PM..
Old 03-10-2019, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Almost Done

Garage
so, in the ned....what I would like to acheive is..

Hot air options to ALL outlets. Fresh air supply is moot..its a targa but want to keep original grill

is this the approach///

Freash Airblower gets removed
New hoses to outlets for heated air from exchangers
Keep original blower control but esthetics only or look for blanking plate (maybe new mounting place for my voltmenter and A/F gauge)

The key then is getting the connectors in the fruck all united on left and right side with hose from exchanger..correct?

What is the issue with the fresh air inlet? I like the idea of just keeping it but black rubber sheet underneath to keep water out

what else do I need to consider?

Old 03-11-2019, 04:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: