Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Lexol results... WOW. Now for the Zaino...

I did all the interior vinyl with Vinylex and the seats ( which had just been conditioned) with Lexol leather conditioner.

The seats were immediately impressive. Clearly better than what I had used before.

The dash and door panels looked good after Vinylex, but not spectacular. I went into the house for about an hour and when I got back to my car, the Vinylex had transformed my interior into a brand new one! It doesn't have that high-gloss plastic look, just a deep rich black. Like new.

As I was finishing, a UPS truck delivered a shipment of Zaino goods. Had he arrived earlier, I could have shared the results.

Man I LOVE this top-down weather . As I was driving home today, soaking up the sun and listening to the flat 6 hum, I passed a frowning old blister of a woman in a beautiful Jaguar XK8- WITH THE TOP UP!!! Even some rich folks don't know how to live.

Old 04-10-2002, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You've got to let us know about the zaino. I have been toying with trying it but had heard somewhere that over time if may cloud up. I'm pretty sure I read that on a detailing bbs, but can't remember what site(if anyone can direct me to any detailing sites I'd appreciate it). Still, it seems that the people that like the stuff are fanatics about it, so there's got to be something to it. My other option was 3M imperial hand glaze followed by either Mother's or Blitz. Spring is a great time, isn't it?
Old 04-10-2002, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I second the thumbs up on Lexol. I use it every 6 months or so and it keeps the leather soft and crack free.

I cover the seats in lexol, then quickly slip a couple of plastic garbage bags on the seat with the lexol still wet. The plastic keeps it from drying.

I let is sit like that for an hour or so before wiping it clean.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Excellent idea. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
mike f:

Do a board search for detailing, as there are numerous posts that get into the "details" (couldn't help myself there).

The site that has led to a MUCH better looking pcar for MUCH less money than before is http://www.autopia-carport.com/ . . . David Bynon's site.

Cheers!

C.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Yea Autopia Caport is an awesome detailing BBS, we have a few P-Cars over there.
Old 04-11-2002, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I've never heard of vinylex. Where can I find it?
Old 04-11-2002, 06:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to MarkY
Quote:
Originally posted by bonedaddy
I've never heard of vinylex. Where can I find it?
I've seen it at AutoZone, PepBoys, and Checker, as well as Wallymart.
Old 04-11-2002, 06:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Kurt B Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt B
Vinylex is good for rubber and vinyl. It's very oily and thick. Definitely puts a nice coat on whatever you want.

I dyed my seats, so the rubber/vinyl treatments work well without me having to worry about 'damaging' the leather since it's got a 1/1000" layer of dye on it anyway!
Old 04-11-2002, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vesnyder Send a message via Yahoo to vesnyder
You guys may want to check out Leatherique - http://www.leatherique.com/
I have had tremendous results with the stuff!

I am also a Zaino fan, particularly since they started providing an additive that helps it dry. I used to have to wait a day for it to dry!

Old 04-11-2002, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: