Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Door Hanging/Adjustment

My car is finally on the road after a winter of restoration.

Everything is fine EXCEPT that I cannot get the drivers door to close/latch properly. It does close and latch, except it leaves a 4" long gap where the dash meets the door. At the same time the bottom edge of the door is out at the back about 1/4 inch or so.

When the doors were removed, the door hinges were NOT removed from the body, but the rocker panel on the drivers side was replaced.

At anything above 30 MPH, the whistle from the wind drowns out the engine !!!

The shop is quickly losing interest (which is another surprise given their diligence up until now) as they cannot get it right.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ? Is there a stepped process for measuring and hanging the door that I can easily follow ?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Jim

Old 04-24-2002, 04:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Not really clear on the nature of the gaps. Can you post a picture or two?

When I replaced my rockers and a portion of the door jamb, I tack welded them into position while the door was still in place so that I could made sure that all of the gaps were correct. Only after that did I remove the door. If your your shop used that sequence, then everything should have lined up perfectly when they put the door back on, since they didn't move the hinges. The door can be adjusted by using shims under the hinges where they attach to the door post, but I would have to see a picture in order to suggest anything specific.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I'll borrow the digital camera from work and try to get some pics.

I realize it's difficult to explain without some graphics.

Jim

Old 04-24-2002, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: