Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 86 911
Thanks for all the help. Thank you kethunk for posting that link. I'll see about installing the resistor. If I get bored (and that is when the car decides not to break down anymore) I'll install the resistor. If this is a common condition that won't hurt anything, then I might end up just blipping the gas pedal on start-up. The battery is good (brand new) and I just haven't been driving the car which probably is the cause of the low voltage. Anyways, thanks to all who contributed. You all saved me many hours this week!
'13 Hyundai Santa Fe (wife's)
Old 03-25-2012, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Always learning

Garage

Mine has just started glowing ou of the blue and remains so for about two minutes, irrespective of rpm. Would this suggest belt? Or, same as aforementioned?

Cheers
Old 05-06-2012, 05:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
What is the alternator output? Is it charging?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to DRACO A5OG
+1 get a DVM on the battery while on
Factory Marble Grey/Black * Turbo Tail * 930 Steering Wheel* Sport Seats * 17" Fuchs (r) * 3.4 * 964 Cams * 915 * LSD * Factory SS * Turbo Tie Rods * Bilsteins * Euro Pre-Muff * SW Chip on 4K DME * NGK * Sienes GSK * Targa Body Brace
PCA/POC
Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Hi. My car have similar problems, the alternator was rebuild last week but the batery light flash few times 2-3 times when rpm are in 800-900 then turns off. This problem exist before the rebuild alternator. Any recomendation?... In adition in some rare ocations there a fluctuation on rpm from 600 to 1000 up and down, when i acelerate the car that problem is gone
Old 03-04-2013, 04:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
I have a similar problem. My light comes on at startup and stays on at all engine revs. Installed a new alternator checked ground wires. The light never ever went on with the old alternator even though it was not providing an adequate charge (11.4)
Old 12-07-2017, 02:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Alternator light doesn't go out after startup post #11 brings up a good point about a poor ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_911 View Post
I had this issue after repainting my fan and cleaning up my alternator turns out it I forgot to take the paint the surface where I reattached the ground wire ... rubbed it back to metal and that fixed it.

So I suppose it could potentially be caused by a bad earth on the alternator?
Old 12-07-2017, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: