Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Rear Seat Pads?

Mine need to be replaced and they are made out of that Horse Hair fiber fill stuff. Does anyone make a Foam Pad replacement? Or anywhere I can send my pads and have them Re-made?

I used trhe search and went to the classified section and saw a nice set of Tan but no Black. At lease I do not need this to operate the car!

Old 06-07-2012, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

try Tony at Autobahn Interiors Specializing in Excellent Porsche Interiors
Old 06-07-2012, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Garage Queen

Garage
Do they need to be replaced or do they just need to be recovered?

If you need recovering that is a pretty easy job to do yourself with a seat kit from worlduph.com and a can of 3m adhesive spray. I can walk you through this if you need tips.

I have never seen replacement pads. If they need to be completely replaced, I think your best shot is to take the old pad into an upholstery shop and have them cut a piece of foam to the correct size. The one issue I see with that is that foam is more box shaped and may not lay the same way in the space provided.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
I sent him a message! Thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheGAL View Post
Do they need to be replaced or do they just need to be recovered?

If you need recovering that is a pretty easy job to do yourself with a seat kit from worlduph.com and a can of 3m adhesive spray. I can walk you through this if you need tips.

I have never seen replacement pads. If they need to be completely replaced, I think your best shot is to take the old pad into an upholstery shop and have them cut a piece of foam to the correct size. The one issue I see with that is that foam is more box shaped and may not lay the same way in the space provided.
That is the issue! The Junk they were made out of is mostly gone and just the cover remains. Sort of hard to recover something that is no longer there which is why I want a foam Pad so I will always have the Basic Part of the seat and some cushion no matter what!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
airbil

Garage
Wickes aircraft supply seat foam cushions "may" work.
Wicks Aircraft Supply

I'd go "blue", medium firmness. YMMV
Old 06-07-2012, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbil View Post
Wickes aircraft supply seat foam cushions "may" work.
Wicks Aircraft Supply

I'd go "blue", medium firmness. YMMV
I think "YOU" have struck the nail on the head!! This I am going to buy and clean out the Junk in my seat cushions and clean them up and clue to the foam and have better than stock AND not spent a ton of money!!

Thank you!!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Resurrecting an old thread here....

I'm redoing most of the interior on my '73, including rear seat upholstery. However, the seat bottoms are toast (a PO appears to have used expanding foam on the bottoms, probably because they were disintegrating). Did you end up using the Wicks stuff? If so, how did it work out?
Old 04-10-2015, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Quote:
Resurrecting an old thread here....

I'm redoing most of the interior on my '73, including rear seat upholstery. However, the seat bottoms are toast (a PO appears to have used expanding foam on the bottoms, probably because they were disintegrating). Did you end up using the Wicks stuff? If so, how did it work out?
Still have it and still Happy. The Blue Foam is about the Right Thickness AND has not Changed Density. I have moved to Fla and have a Piece outside near the Pool and the weather has not changed it either.

I am STILL Thanking AirBill!!

Last edited by Vincent Hill; 04-10-2015 at 12:40 PM..
Old 04-10-2015, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Excellent! Thanks for the response.
Old 04-10-2015, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the link, it looks like it's expired. Is this the same product from Wicks?

Item # 19018, Seat Cushion Foam On Wicks Aircraft Supply

Old 08-14-2019, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: