Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Angry 1975 911 Fuel pump

I cant find the fuel pump. I looked at haynes manual and 101 projects for your 911 who say it should be under the front of the car near the fuel tank . But its not there were else could it be located.

At the moment I have the alternator out so I can't start it to hear where the sound comes from.

Old 05-18-2002, 01:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

jk944,

I thought I saw mine near the drivers side reare wheel well. You have to take off the wheel.

Good luck!!

Eric
Old 05-18-2002, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I have a '75 and replaced mine a few months ago. It's located near the center of floor pan, just ahead of the transaxle, not far from the starter. It's only about 2-1/2" in diameter and 6-7" long. Don't skimp on jacking up the car. The more room you have, the better, and have fun shimmying on your back to get to it. If you have to replace it, be prepared with a small pan to catch fuel when you disconnect the fitting and watch your eyes! Safety glasses are a big plus for this job, not just for the fuel, but all the other road debris that you'll find in the vicinity of the fuel pump.
Old 05-20-2002, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I did jack the car up high and I whent under the car. I looked for this Floor pan but the is none ??

I have looked at the pictures in the repair manuals which also say its behind the floor pan but my car does not have one unless the whole tank itself is the cover which I doubt.

Is it possible thats its in the engine bay ?
There is something which looks like a fuel pump inside the front left wheel arch. But it looks like its for the oil ( what is that ?)
Old 05-21-2002, 02:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

There is a long approx. 24" THICK steel L shaped plate covering th area where the pump is. It's attached by 2 large mm bolts on each end. You can't see it with the plate in place.

It's just behind the fuel tank in the center, about even with the trailing edge of the front tires. Really. I asked th same ques. 3 months ago and found it.

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY IF YOUR GOING TO FOOL AROUND IN THERE !!!!!

And find some way to pinch off the fuel lines BEFORE taking the pump off.
Old 05-21-2002, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I will take another look !

Thanks for your help.

Does anyone have any pictures of this ie in the 2.7 series as I have seen pics of the SC which is different to my car !
Old 05-21-2002, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Porsche Less Member

Send a message via Yahoo to k9handler
Here is a rough sketch for you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 75fuelpump.jpg (26.3 KB, 533 views)
2019 Can Am Renegade 1000R XC
Old 05-21-2002, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I know this is a stupid question but is that picture the front or back of the car.

P.S thanks for the assistance
Old 05-21-2002, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Porsche Less Member

Send a message via Yahoo to k9handler
Back of car...note the torsion bar cover (small circle behind door). HA HA....good luck with it.

NOTE: I replaced mine in less than an hour, just be careful and crimp the fuel lines, and disconnect the battery.
2019 Can Am Renegade 1000R XC
Old 05-21-2002, 07:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

My car is loosing fuel pressure on a warm start up. I have order an accumulator from this site and i am waiting for it to be delivered to australia.

In the meantime, I don't know if I should or could change the check valve on the fuel pump as well.

I have heard there is an external check valve you can buy will this work / solve the problem? has anyone used it ?

P.S my auto electrician is trying to find replacement diodes for my alternator can anyone help ?

Old 05-22-2002, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: