Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums

Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest Emergency brake light isse

My Emergency brake light indicator is not working on the dash. I have isolated it to the Copper "contact bow" that is on the back of the E-brake handle is not making good contact when pulled up. See picture for parts

My question is; it appears to me that it (copper contact bow) is attached by 2 rivets and 2 washers.

Is this something that can be popped in by hand or do you need some type of special tools.

The angle of my contact bow is off so it needs replacing. I do not think you can adjust it. I do know it's a pain to get to because everything with the brake handle and defrost levers has to be removed to get to the item that needs repairing.

Anyone that can offer any tips of performing this task would be very appreciated.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:43 PM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If the contact elbow is not broken, it can be "adjusted" if you are careful. You will need to gently bend the elbow so it sticks out a bit more and the small tag at the bottom rests in the notch at the bottom of the e-brake handle. If the elbow is cracked, or the small tag at the bottom has broken off, you'll likely have to replace the part. Either way, you'll need to remove the e-brake handle to do a repair and as you've said, it's a PITA.
Stabilized on a Pelican I.V. drip
Old 08-18-2012, 06:32 AM
  Recommend this thread for the PelicanWiki    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: