Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche, Origin Of The Species by Karl Ludvigsen - Reviews

Porsche, Origin Of The Species by Karl Ludvigsen - Reviews

Quote:
Jerry Seinfeld’s ex-Otto Mathé Gmünd Coupe, 356/2-040, forms the book’s centerpiece. Its career as a factory test car and ice racer, its entire provenance, and its sympathetic refurbishment are thoroughly documented, including outstanding photography by Michael Furman. Other fascinating historic topics include early VWs, the aerodynamic Type 64 and Type 114 F-Wagen, the Type 60K10 Berlin-Rome-Berlin coupes, Auto Union’s streamliners, and wartime projects plus establishment of the factory in Gmünd, the “Egyptian connection”, the Cisitalia GP car, the 356 prototypes, and early 356 race cars and entries, both factory and independent. There will never be a better history of Porsche’s early years than this!

Besides Karl Ludvigsen’s definitive writing, Porsche, Origin Of The Species incorporates the work of other Porsche authorities and describes the historic roles of Walter Glöckler, Ghislaine Kaes, Erwin Kommenda, Otto Mathé, Petermax Müller, Louise Piëch, Karl Rabe, and many others. Dozens of factory blueprints are shown, and appendices reproduce 356/2-040's factory documentation and a 1949 356 Owner’s Manual. Unquestionably, this is the finest Porsche book of the last five years.
This should be in my hands tomorrow from Toad Hall MotorBooks, specializing in Fine Books on Mercedes Benz & Porsche since 1980; Welcome., Pelican fbarrett.
Any others reading this?
Add your reviews here.

Best,
Grady
Answers (correct) - - - - - - - - - - $12.50
Old 08-30-2012, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hello there, I've been posting more on the threads about our new Porsche 996 manual but this new Karl Ludvigsen book is our other big Porsche book for the holidays. If anyone has any questions about the book, feel free to post them here and I can do my best to answer them (or ask Karl for help when I can't!)

Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

FANTASTIC book . . . It's hard to put it down! So many details and stories I had never known. It now has me wanting to ask LOTS of questions of Mr Ludvigsen. Is there any way to get a note to him about those questions ?
Old 10-25-2012, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deancrew7 View Post
FANTASTIC book . . . It's hard to put it down! So many details and stories I had never known. It now has me wanting to ask LOTS of questions of Mr Ludvigsen. Is there any way to get a note to him about those questions ?
Hello Deancrew7, I might be able to pass something along, although immediate results aren't guaranteed. Send me a PM with your questions...
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
This is an amazing book. I just didn't know where to start , it's like a big recipe book! It really is the full story, just when I thought I'd read everything. Anyway I've started at page 1 and will read it through this month. The pictures alone are worth the price , which for such a nice textbook is very fair.

Last edited by tazzieman; 12-07-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Old 12-06-2012, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered Misfit

Garage
Porsche, Origin Of The Species by Karl Ludvigsen

If you want to ask Karl a question there's also a link on Bentley's website to contact him... it's on the right side of the area about this book

911 hotrod -- 3.0L, lightened, abused with love
'74 914 bastard
Old 12-07-2012, 08:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: