Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Braid Wheels 15in x 9's & 11's

So its been a while since Ive seen anyone post about these Braid wheels. Did anyone ever buy and set and currently running them? Im on the fence on whether to start collecting wheels 15x8's to send off to Harvey to build me 15x11 and 15x9 or just go with the Braids @ $3000. The price is about what it would have cost to send out my 16s to have 17s made and they have the same non OE look of the lip so that doesn't really bother me that much ... at least for the money and they are brand new "semi" forged ... what ever that means. But they are new. Thanks for any feed back guys.

Didn't realized this but I can run Goodyear Billboards on these as they are about the same size at Mich TB's and alot cheaper. Alot of my cobra buddies run these on there cars and they are not going anywhere anytime soon. Huge demand for billboards in the shelby community.

I know Im going to get comments about hard to find tires and just go 17's ... I was there and exploring this option. Looking for constructive feedback. Thanks guys!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Goodyear Billboards on 9+11X15, what size and how much?

Thanks
Old 10-31-2012, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

$265 each. Wear is quicker ... but sticky and give the period correct look. TB's are 26 inch tire dia and these are 26.5 inch dia I believe. Ive attached the spreadsheet from Roger Kraus Racing the distributor. Ive heard of alot of guys sourcing tires from him with great success.

Here is the link .. need to click to open up the pdf file.

Directory Listing of /racetirepricing/Cobra Tires/

They are not DOT but I have friends that have 65 Cobras that run them with great success. @ $265 a piece vs $400 plus I really don't mind changing them out every few years.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Luv that deep dish look... Stuff 17s. These things are "the balls"
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Now that is looking good.
77 911tt EFI wide body red/ Slightly modified SOLD
Old 10-31-2012, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Anyone actually running these on a wide body? Waiting to hear some feedback before I order a set. Thanks guys!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

We have many, many happy customers running these in the US and throughout the world. Feel free to give me a call or an email if you have any questions.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Pelican Parts Vendor

Garage
Ha ha. I didn't realise my phone was logged in as LIMEYLIGHT.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Can you fill orders or would I have to get in touch with on of your dealers? Whats the time table on getting a set. Raw finish still available?
Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Pelican Parts Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocobill View Post
Can you fill orders or would I have to get in touch with on of your dealers? Whats the time table on getting a set. Raw finish still available?
They come primed as opossed to "raw". The standard finishes are pretty authentic though. If you want something specific like an odd color we can do that too. In stock wheels arrive in about a week. Non-stock about 2-3 weeks. Custom a little longer.

Please order through one of our delaers. May I suggest PELICAN?
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/0812/POR_0812_BDYWHL_pg3.htm#item11
Old 11-01-2012, 09:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Thanks ... That's who I was going to order through or GTS Classics. I talked to Stefan at GTS Classics as I saw he could get them in the raw or primed form.

I emailed Pelican to see if they could get the same finish. I don't want to worry about stripping them and having to frost them. Thanks!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Garage dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
Luv that deep dish look... Stuff 17s. These things are "the balls"
+1

15s with some meat are definitely the right look for these cars
'14 Jeep Wrangler
'15 Audi RS5
Old 11-01-2012, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Pelican Parts Vendor

Garage
We've never brought in "raw". Last time we ordered "unpainted" for one of our dealers they came in primer. I guess if we specify "RAW" in uppercase and spanish they would come that way.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/0812/POR_0812_BDYWHL_pg3.htm#item11
Old 11-01-2012, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Thanks Paul,

That's just how it was explained to me. I just got off the phone with Roger from Kraus Racing talking about tires. I want to make sure I can get tires for these after buying the wheels and such. I have a lot of info to digest after the call. Roger is def in the know when it comes to setting up an RSR and tires to fit it. Thought I would save a step with the paint but at this point I can get them finished if I feel the need later down the road. I just want to get a set of wheels and tires to make sure my flares are a-OK before I make it official.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Pelican Parts Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tocobill View Post
Thanks Paul,

That's just how it was explained to me. I just got off the phone with Roger from Kraus Racing talking about tires. I want to make sure I can get tires for these after buying the wheels and such. I have a lot of info to digest after the call. Roger is def in the know when it comes to setting up an RSR and tires to fit it. Thought I would save a step with the paint but at this point I can get them finished if I feel the need later down the road. I just want to get a set of wheels and tires to make sure my flares are a-OK before I make it official.
We have a supplied a couple of sets in RSR finish to people who were thinking of having them refinished. As far as I know none of them have. One guy in Australia ordered standard finish and refinished them RSR but later commented that he wished he's just ordered them RSR as they would have been close enough.

Having said that I've never seen them side by side. Would be interesting.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Braids on wide body

I will be putting these on my wide-body soon. Ordered the RSR finish from Paul. I currently have 7 and 9 inch Fuchs that Al Reed refinished and I will send a comparison of the Braid RSR vs the Al Reed RSR finish.

picture
Old 11-01-2012, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Pelican Parts Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by puffinator View Post
I will be putting these on my wide-body soon. Ordered the RSR finish from Paul. I currently have 7 and 9 inch Fuchs that Al Reed refinished and I will send a comparison of the Braid RSR vs the Al Reed RSR finish.

picture
Beautiful!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Anyone running 15" Braids?
993 C4S 3.8
84 Euro Carrera
Old 08-05-2015, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Pelican Parts Vendor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninesixfour View Post
Anyone running 15" Braids?
Besides us many, many are. We have sold bunches of them.

What are you thinking of dong if I may ask?
Old 08-05-2015, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Do you make a 15x12 and what is the cost in raw finish?
Old 08-05-2015, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: