Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Stock radio installation

Hi folks,

I'm installing a stock Blaupunkt radio into my 1984 Carerra. The opening in the car is stock, hasn't been cut or modified in any way. The problem I have is that the radio slides into the slot okay but there is nothing to mount to. I'm guessing there is some kind of mounting kit that's required. Does anyone know of an online source for proper mounting hardware?

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Hi Kohho! When I replaced my original Blaupunkt from my 85 Targa, I found that the radio was stabilize by a U type bracket that bolted in the back to hold the back of the radio. Which is what is holding my Kenwood radio right now, unless the PO took it out for some reason, it should be there. If not, just go to your local part shop and they have radio installation kits or something like a flexible bracket that you can use to hold the back of your radio. Good luck!
06 BMW 330I
Personal Qoute: "Do whatever makes you feel good"
Old 12-21-2012, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Rescuer of old cars

Garage
PRobably needs the Blaupunkt mounting sleeve as well.

1972 911T coupe
Priors - '84 911 Carrera coupe, '84 944, '73 914 2.0
Old 12-21-2012, 11:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

the radio slides into a sleeve that is installed in the dash. If you have the sleeve push it into the dash and secure it, then pull the wire plug(s) and antenna cable through the opening in the sleeve and connect them. Next slide the radio into the sleeve until it snaps in.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arne2 View Post
PRobably needs the Blaupunkt mounting sleeve as well.

I think this is the missing link - thanks everyone for your feedback. Now to track one of these down.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Here comes Santa...pay it forward...

kohho,

My turn to be Santa ...

found this earlier in "Santa's Porsche shed" with your name on it (a gently owned single DIN mounting sleeve + pair of insert locks for your 84 Carrera OEM radio slot) ...

Just add your mailing address + your postage

Allen

Thank you Santa "boyt911sc" :)
Old 12-21-2012, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Lightbulb Take 2 with the pix upload...

Let me know...
Old 12-21-2012, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: