Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 4.50 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I put on some epoxy primer on my ‘79 before it gets too cold.

Old 10-04-2017, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6781 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
A few more baby steps.

Received my heat seater harness. Built by our very own electrical guru/Jedi Master..... timmy2. Great guy too, so that makes us Pelicans a flock of lucky birds.

Swapped out my amber front turn signal lenses for a pair of clear with Spokes amber LED's/white DLR's

Also finished up the heated seat switch's mounting point. Just needed some black aluminum angle, SS hardware, door edging and a grommet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1978 911SC Targa
Working Projects: 1968 912
Old 10-05-2017, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6782 (permalink)
Dial 911

Garage
Well done!..

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”

Leonardo Da Vinci
Old 10-05-2017, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6783 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugstrider View Post
I would contact Kamil. Always got a quick reply allowing for the time differences. There is something not right and I would think it was held up because of it getting damaged or lost. Have you had a chance to reach out to them regarding your order? They were spot on for the entire process, order and shipping was pretty fast coming back from Poland.

Good luck
Trevor

Well, after waiting for many weeks and not seeing any activity on the tracking webpage, I contacted Car Bone and they re-sent the order using UPS this time. I should get the package early next week. Excellent customer service from these cool guys!
Old 10-06-2017, 02:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6784 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911T70 View Post
Excellent customer service from these cool guys!
Indee, CarBone is!
Old 10-06-2017, 03:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6785 (permalink)

Location: Placerville, CA.... You know, the only place on Highway 50 between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe the you find signal lights. Above the fog most of the time and I can see the stars of the Milky Way 8 out of 10 nights. Kinda cool.....
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911T70 View Post
Well, after waiting for many weeks and not seeing any activity on the tracking webpage, I contacted Car Bone and they re-sent the order using UPS this time. I should get the package early next week. Excellent customer service from these cool guys!

That's great to hear! I have no doubt that had they realized your stickers were MIA, they would have sent another set uber quick.

Great bunch of guys and team with superior customer service and follow up.

Cheers

1978 911SC Targa
Old 10-06-2017, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6786 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A horse with no name View Post
Well done!..

Thanks!!!!

1978 911SC Targa
Old 10-06-2017, 05:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6787 (permalink)

Summer/Fall Update

Drained out temp tranny fluid and filled with Mobil Delvac-very nice

Went to Porsche Parade and within 15 minutes of my arrival, while I was inside registering I received this little gem

Guy in Ford F150 from across the street (in the shadows) backed over me

Actually did some decent displacement-black tape placed on deck lid by me

Before it went to the body shop, I had Doug Hillius aka "The Dent Whisperer" at Dent Solutions in Bellevue remove all dings from the whole car. Perfect and worth every penny

Got it repaired by Mark and Nick at Eurotech Bodywerkes in Totem Lake, WA-paint and body look fantastic-makes me wish I sprayed the whole car. Don't have a decent picture of the finished work for whatever reason.

Recently installed new outer window felt and window squeegees on both doors. I can confirm with trimming and moving the steel button, coupe window felt works in a targa just fine. And at 1/4 the cost of proper targa felt!

Ordered and installed Matt Kellett rear speaker surrounds. Awesome product and worth every penny.

Just last night finished up with targa body braces-truly a one beer job!

And finally capped off the summer moving into fall with permanent registration with this restored plate in back and an old german delivery plate in front.

Last edited by spedrcr; 10-11-2017 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: Forgot one thing
Old 10-11-2017, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6788 (permalink)
Stahlwerks.com

Send a message via Yahoo to jhelgesen
Pulled all the panels off the 73.5 so we can finish prep on the tub.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6789 (permalink)
911T '72

Garage
Took the exhaust off my 3.0 SC engine. Now this is the third time that I've taken a 911 exhaust off. All three times I didn't need any heat or anything. The nuts just broke loose. So again no broken head studs

Then I wanted to get the smog injectors out. Looking at them I thought that would be hard.

But the also came out pretty easy.

So I'm happy

Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)
Old 10-14-2017, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6790 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRRis View Post
Took the exhaust off my 3.0 SC engine. Now this is the third time that I've taken a 911 exhaust off. All three times I didn't need any heat or anything. The nuts just broke loose. So again no broken head studs

Then I wanted to get the smog injectors out. Looking at them I thought that would be hard.

So I'm happy
As well you should be!
Old 10-14-2017, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6791 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRRis View Post

So I'm happy
As well you should be!
Old 10-14-2017, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6792 (permalink)

Garage
well? yesterday i made my 911 dirty just driving it ...going shopping and then going in local canyon for a drive..

ivan
Old 10-14-2017, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6793 (permalink)

Garage
Old 10-14-2017, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6794 (permalink)
Stahlwerks.com

Pressure washed 30 year old road grime and oil residue off the 73 targa

Old 10-16-2017, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6795 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelgesen View Post
Pressure washed 30 year old road grime and oil residue off the 73 targa

Did you build your chassis roller frame?

1978 911SC Targa
Old 10-16-2017, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6796 (permalink)
Stahlwerks.com

Yes, built the chassis dolly a few years ago. Knocks down into 3 piece for storage. Works great.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6797 (permalink)

Rebuilt my engine compartment heater blower! Had 12v to it but wouldn't work. Soldered in the new bits and boom. Works now.

ZeroFuchsGiven.com
#ZeroFuchsGiven
Old 10-16-2017, 11:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6798 (permalink)

Garage
Nice going!
Old 10-16-2017, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6799 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhelgesen View Post
Yes, built the chassis dolly a few years ago. Knocks down into 3 piece for storage. Works great.

That is bad a$$. Any chance you might still have the plans or are willing to share? Always looking for ways to hone my self taught welding prior to panel replacement.

Cheers

1978 911SC Targa
Old 10-16-2017, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6800 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: