Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
How do I remove this? Fan housing center of trunk.

Car is a 82 930. I need to pull this out of the way for now. Im not sure how to get it out and I have been staring at it for a while. I took a bunch of clips off hoping it would pop in half but that's not the solution. Sorry I don't even know what its called or I would have searched more.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Remove the exterior grille at the base of the cowl, below the windshield. Unscrew the 2 screws that are exposed by the removal of the grille.

JR
Old 02-15-2013, 03:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Dial 911

Garage
Hi...I may be able to help you...What are you trying to do? - Get at?... Windshield wipers?

Cheers

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”

Leonardo Da Vinci
Old 02-15-2013, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by javadog View Post
Remove the exterior grille at the base of the cowl, below the windshield. Unscrew the 2 screws that are exposed by the removal of the grille.

JR
And be careful with the drain hose on the bottom. The originals are N.L.A.

Howard
03 X/5 3.0. 319,016 miles now Sons daily driver
08 X5 4.8 156,615 miles
Old 02-15-2013, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miglenda View Post
Hi...I may be able to help you...What are you trying to do? - Get at?... Windshield wipers?

Cheers
The cars wiring is hacked up bad from a alarm\remote starter install done by someone who had no business doing the work. The car also has a small block conversion ( that I did ). I decided to pull all the heat\ac stuff to simplify the wiring nightmare in front of me. The car isn't ready for heat\ac anyways.

It took me many hours to separate the alarm\starter harness from the car ( still not done ) and in order to properly repair the stock harness Im going to remove it to repair on my workbench, Im giving up soldering laying on my back.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Send a message via AIM to brighton911
Like you, I repaired in place, not fun but quite the bear to remove the entire harness. If you care about originality, I found 3M black hockey stick tape almost a perfect match to the original tape on the harness. Good luck on your job.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard freeman View Post
And be careful with the drain hose on the bottom. The originals are N.L.A.

Howard
And the solution to that if you do manage to ruin the drain tube is a large piece of heat shrink tubing cut to proper length and clamped to the outlet of the blower box.

Toofus.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: