Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Pure Awesomeness

Garage
Question Brake Master Cylnder/Booster Plugs

I put the battery back in my car today because the weather seems to be warming up here in VT.
I noticed that one of the little plastic cap/plugs on my master cylinder/booster is missing. It's the bottom one.
It was there in December (I have pics to prove it) when I stopped driving it and had it shipped from CA to VT where it has been sitting for the last 2 months.
I tried looking around to see what this plug does but no luck.

Can one of you guys let me know 1) what that bottom cap/plug does and 2) is the car usable without it?

Thanks

Old 03-09-2013, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Pure Awesomeness

Garage
Old 03-09-2013, 06:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
French Import

Garage
Are you talking about the part circled in red?

If so you are OK driving the car without. I have the MC/Booster assembly on a bench right next to me and the holes are just to access the retaining bolts for the rod to the pedal assembly. That plastic piece is just to keep crud out.

Happiness is not having a Porsche in the garage... Happiness is having a Porsche on the road!
86 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, 2011 BMW 1200RT, 03 Saab 93 Cabriolet, 06 MB E350 Estate
Old 03-09-2013, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Pure Awesomeness

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy_gg View Post
Are you talking about the part circled in red?

If so you are OK driving the car without. I have the MC/Booster assembly on a bench right next to me and the holes are just to access the retaining bolts for the rod to the pedal assembly. That plastic piece is just to keep crud out.
Yes, I was, thanks!

Sounds like I can jerry-rig this or replace at my leisure.

I'm really curious why is went missing since it was there in CA and gone in VT. Maybe it came out during the trip or when I drove it the 7miles from the drop-off point to my house. Maybe it's down behind the gas tank area.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to DRACO A5OG
+1 Don't worry about Andrew , just a cover
Factory Marble Grey/Black * Turbo Tail * 930 Steering Wheel* Sport Seats * 17" Fuchs (r) * 3.4 * 964 Cams * 915 * LSD * Factory SS * Turbo Tie Rods * Bilsteins * Euro Pre-Muff * SW Chip on 4K DME * NGK * Sienes GSK * Targa Body Brace
PCA/POC
Old 03-09-2013, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Pure Awesomeness

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRACO A5OG View Post
+1 Don't worry about Andrew , just a cover
Thanks, Jim!

Almost time to drive my baby! Jealous of you and your nice weather....
Old 03-09-2013, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to DRACO A5OG
Quote:
Originally Posted by szyzygy View Post
Thanks, Jim!

Almost time to drive my baby! Jealous of you and your nice weather....
lol, miss our weekend tutorials stay well brother.
Factory Marble Grey/Black * Turbo Tail * 930 Steering Wheel* Sport Seats * 17" Fuchs (r) * 3.4 * 964 Cams * 915 * LSD * Factory SS * Turbo Tie Rods * Bilsteins * Euro Pre-Muff * SW Chip on 4K DME * NGK * Sienes GSK * Targa Body Brace
PCA/POC
Old 03-09-2013, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Reviving an old thread. Anyone know where I might be able to get a couple of these plastic plugs? Seems like they are the only ones in the trunk area that are NLA.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: