Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Typical Salesman

Garage
GREAT JOB Pelican!!

I recently had a broken door handle and didn't want to wait for it to be shipped. I thought going to the stealership would be the quickest means.

When I asked for a door handle for a 79SC, the parts MANAGER told me they don't deal with "those old things" and to try online. Wow, left a sour taste in my mouth.

I can't say I've purchased alot via Pelican; over the past 15 years, I have purchased some though. I can guarantee you cold, I will not go back to that dealership; even though they service the other marques I own...

Pelican had it to me the next day and it was still cheaper than other people (after NDA fees).

Great Job guys!!!

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2010 Lincoln Nav - The Purple People Eater
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 04-28-2013, 12:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
What an ingrate! The reason he has a job today is because of "those old things" I too am offended. May the fleas of a thousand camels take up residence in his long johns.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

To a dealership, "those old things" are any Porsches over 5 years old.

Don't hold it against the dealer; they're just not as passionate about these old lumps as we are because they don't pay their bills.

Without us there would be no them; but without them there would be no more Porsche to produce many of the parts that we still need.

It's a two-way street...with a bit of patience, however, you can buy quite a number of vintage parts directly from Porsche through the dealer network. And, there are a number of parts that are ONLY available from Porsche directly.

Go easy.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
Post the wankers name, Stealership and send this thread link to the owner.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I send that. Send the link to the owner.
My 73RSR build http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/893954-saving-73-crusher-again.html
Old 04-28-2013, 05:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Weekend Mechanic

We order about half our parts for the vintage cars through the local Porsche dealer. Give them a part number and tell them to price it. If you like the price tell them to order it. It's not as convenient as ordering from Pelican but they can and will do what you tell them to.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Makes me think about my first Porsche dealer experience I had two weeks ago. I went there with the list of parts I needed and the guy looked at me like I was a moron or something, typical german-auto-maker-dealership attitude. I made him understand I didn't appreciate his attitude (asked him if he knew anything about used Porsche) and he suddenly became more polite.

I mean, what the hell, giving people attitude just because you work for a prestigious auto maker. Get a life...

Last edited by Nico911; 04-28-2013 at 05:44 PM..
Old 04-28-2013, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Recently I needed some parts for my '77 911. I called around - my local dealership - Pfaff Porsche. I got great service for some odd stuff. The rest came from Pelican and they were great too. Both gave me great service and great advise - they know there Porsches!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Typical Salesman

Garage
Great responses; and no, I'm going to take the high road for a change and not post the dealership's name, etc.

I meant this more as a compliment to Pelican; they are super accommodating. When I lived in SoCal, I needed a seat belt "Yesterday" in order to pass a tech inspection. I swung by and picked it up...that was super nice and super cool. Though I'm glad my Judy does not need many parts, you can rest assured those she does need will be Pelican.

Great job guys!

1979 SC Targa - Judy
2010 Lincoln Nav - The Purple People Eater
2008 MBZ E350 - Daddy-O
Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: