Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
I need Help Contacting The Siffert Family

I own a 1970 Porsche 911S, VIN = 9110301059 --- had it since 13-Feb, 2009. For waaaay more details, thereís a long/detailed/rambling thread that's been going-on over on The Early 911S Registry site . . .

Ten Fifty-nine

Anyway, in researching the carís history, I found out recently that . . . .

1) The car was originally ordered/built for + delivered to the Versuch (Experimental) department . . .

. . . and, later . . .

2) Sold to Jo Siffert

The car had/has a number of unusual features --- paintwork, markings, accessories, personal touches, etc . . . that Iím trying to determine the origin of, so . . .

Iím trying to contact The Siffert Family --- Simone, Veronique, and Phillipe . . . to see if anyone remembers the car or any of its peculiarities

Iím trying to keep my inquiry as a low-key sort-of thing . . . but I hope all of you can appreciate my intense curiosity about all this. Cars like this just donít turn-up very often --- and to have one sitting in the garage? . . . well --- Iím still in shock

Anyway --- any help or suggestions or contacts to help me find out more about this car would be most appreciated. I usually post over The Early 911S Registry site, but ---- any information that I turn-up . . . Iíll post here, as well

Thank you for reading

Old 06-21-2013, 01:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Sent you a pm re contact
Old 06-21-2013, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro Joe
Try this as well: points de vente montres

May have to bone up on your French maybe!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Just figure it out... Sorry Joe

Bonne Chance

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger

Last edited by JJ 911SC; 06-22-2013 at 03:07 AM..
Old 06-21-2013, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Try this:

Jo Siffert 1936-1971 Switzerland

930 Turbo '81 Too many modifications to list
Old 06-22-2013, 01:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Siffert 911S

OK . . .

Got some addresses

Next steps are to . . .

1) Write-up some letters --- in French

2) Run down to CVS w/ my thumb-drive + knock-out some photos

3) Put-together + mail some packages overseas

4) Cross my fingers
Old 06-25-2013, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
1) Oui

2) Oui

3) Oui

4) Bonne Chance

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 06-25-2013, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
The Sifferts

Regarding the Sifferts . . .

Thanks to a French-speaking/writing friend, I sent letters --- in French + w/ photographs . . . to Phillipe + Veronique, Jo Siffertís children, as well as Laurent Missbauer --- a journalist + reputed authority on Matters Siffert

Expensive effort --- ~$150 for all three packages w/ tracking

Vís + Lís packages show delivered 24-Jul . . . but Pís only shows 'arrived'

As yet, I have received no responses
Old 10-02-2013, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammer View Post
... As yet, I have received no responses
Persťvťrance...

Old 10-02-2013, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Hey Bammer:

Something you might find to be of interest: I recently plotted 70S Coupe and Targa VIN Vs. engine number from the list provided last spring by the Early S Registry. Outliers (i.e. non-original engines) were excluded based on my engineering judgement. Given your VIN, your original engine number should end in 1450, give or take 50 or so. I can send you the plot if you're interested.

Al
Old 10-02-2013, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
An Update

Brief update on my contacting the Sifferts . . .

A friend had a chance to actually speak w/ Jo Siffert's daughter Veronique. Seems that my letter to her was received, but . . . she was too busy to get back to me. Then again --- not much to say, either, really. She was 2 years-old when her father passed away and has no memory of him. Seems a bit shy about the attention/publicity that the name still generates, too, so . . . there's that.

As for any other family remembrances? . . . zippity-do-dah. Turns out that Mr Siffert had three dealerships that he was selling cars out of --- and whatever records that did exist were loooong-since disposed-of. I mean --- everything that I'm interested in happened 40-some years ago; what could be left? Even the iconic picture of him in a Porsche 's been lost.

Also, seems that Mr Siffert sold a lot of cars --- including Bugattis that went to the Schlumpf brothers. Owned a lot of cars himself, too --- including as many as three different 911s. After his death, there apparently was an auction that took place in Fribourg ~early '72 that sold-off the businesses + cars + assets . . . and that was that. I may still be able to contact the descendants of the Dealer who re-sold my car --- possibly purchased from that same Fribourg auction.

And there may still be some 'family' photos that might turn up. Or --- maybe something the Porsche's own archives . . . but, at least for now . . .

. . . I'm gonna leave the Sifferts alone.

Last edited by Bammer; 05-10-2014 at 11:46 AM..
Old 05-09-2014, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Awesome mystery though. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

Brian Redman who drove with him might remember the car

Old 05-10-2014, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: