Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Dash Lights Stay On

Went to start the car this weekend and the battery was dead. Figuring a light was left on, I recharged the battery it started easily. Found that the dash lights including the green light on the speedo stay on, regardless whether the ignition switch is on or off or what position the light switch is in. Also, my fog knob light switch stays lit when depressed with the ignition off and turns on when the ignition switch is in the on position.

Checked all of the fuses and screw connectors on the fuse wires and all were good. They only new work, was replacing a damaged door speaker. This required removing the window switches, but I tagged the wires, they worked when reassembled and I just pulled them tonight, but nothing changed.

Any suggestions? Check for a loose/lost ground (where)? Check/replace the light switch? Check the ignition switch? Any suggestions on where to look?

Old 08-06-2013, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Member 911 Anonymous

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to DRACO A5OG
Search for 86 911 Targa, Dr Gerry has a diagram aof the light switch wiring, something is crossed.With headlight switch pulled out, your fog light switch will iilluminate.
Factory Marble Grey/Black * Turbo Tail * 930 Steering Wheel* Sport Seats * 17" Fuchs (r) * 3.4 * 964 Cams * 915 * LSD * Factory SS * Turbo Tie Rods * Bilsteins * Euro Pre-Muff * SW Chip on 4K DME * NGK * Sienes GSK * Targa Body Brace
PCA/POC
Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Location: Manhattan Beach, California. Factory Delivery-Original owner-Retired engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janusz View Post
Went to start the car this weekend and the battery was dead. Figuring a light was left on, I recharged the battery it started easily. Found that the dash lights including the green light on the speedo stay on, regardless whether the ignition switch is on or off or what position the light switch is in. Also, my fog knob light switch stays lit when depressed with the ignition off and turns on when the ignition switch is in the on position.

Checked all of the fuses and screw connectors on the fuse wires and all were good. They only new work, was replacing a damaged door speaker. This required removing the window switches, but I tagged the wires, they worked when reassembled and I just pulled them tonight, but nothing changed.

Any suggestions? Check for a loose/lost ground (where)? Check/replace the light switch? Check the ignition switch? Any suggestions on where to look?
From our '86:

Good luck,

Gerry

In the window of a bar in Hermosa Beach, California.
"Happy Hour prices during all car chases."
Old 08-08-2013, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: