Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
3.2 Fuel Pump Bracket

How should the front-mounted fuel pump be attached to the chassis/crossmember, please? I have a 3.2 engine in a '76 chassis and when I removed the crossmember to get the rack out, I found that the previous owner/installer had simply cable-tied the pump to the crossmember. There is a disconnected rubber mount on the chassis and I think I also had another one on the crossmember. Is there some sort of circular bracket that connects both of these to the pump housing? And yes, I'm going to be replacing the cracking fuel lines...

Bonus point - which type of fuel pump is this and is there an easy way to gauge it's health? I was going to use it to drain the tank - could I hook it up to a fuel pressure gauge when doing this?

Old 10-18-2013, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Schleprock

Yep circular bracket is held in place with those rubber isolators you see. Looks like all you need is the bracket #29 and some suitably sized screws.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I would give the fuel hoses an early retirement. They're cracking and putting out a fire on an air cooled vehicle can be difficult. If you find the bracket, I can supply you with free isolators as I have a bag of them.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Thanks all - looks like the bracket is still available.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
It's not clear to me how the bracket holds the fuel pump. Do I also need to buy the clamp (item #28) and does the bracket somehow attach to the clamp (and not the pump itself)? Thanks.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Schleprock

The rubber isolators/standoffs are screwed to the body bracket as shown in your picture. The isolators are female-female so when you get the bracket, you use M6 screws thru the bracket to mount it onto the isolators.

The bracket itself is slotted and allows the clamp to pass thru the bracket. Clamp is nothing super special. A quality stainless worm gear clamp from the hardware store will do the trick.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Thanks!

Old 11-12-2013, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: